Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 WK2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but did not see a definitive answer. If I enter a maintenance record under "my garage" on the Jeep mopar website as in an oil change etc., does the dealer service dept. see that info when I take it in for something? I just did the first oil change/tire rotation on my 2019 GC myself and thought maybe good idea to create a record to start establishing service history on it. Especially if a problem comes up later and I need warranty coverage.

Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,506 Posts
I started doing that but figured my own records with receipts bear more weight. I take a picture of the EVIC with the current mileage and % remaining of oil life, reset it, then take another picture. Attach that with a copy of the receipt for the oil and filter purchase and put it all in my log book.

If a warranty concern comes up I have everything documented including photo proof. I also have Lifetime MaxCare so I'm in this logging for the long haul. :LOL:

·
Registered
2019 WK2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess service records are independent of each dealer that does service on your vehicle. I thought maybe the dealers system interfaced with the online Mopar website system as well.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
3,458 Posts
I don't know if it does or not. But it could easily. But it also puts the very valuable corporate database at risk to have random people making their own entry's... ...so it might be a supplemental or separate database that gets combined with what the Dealer see's.... ...and that owner's database could be more at risk of being wiped out...

IAmTodd has the right idea, keep your own records, a paper copy, they won't get lost or destroyed in the internet ether...

Personally, I buy a nice little 3 ring binder from the Office Store, have it populated with blank pages, staple receipts to the pages, print out records and insert them... ...I even get a little pencil zip up pocket that binder rings go through and put in my Master Key or my spare electronic keys in the binder, so they don't get lost in the junk drawer...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I write all oil change info in the back of my owner's manual.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts