Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know where I can find quality (Polyurethane instead of rubber) sway bar bushing? I don't know which one will fit.

Mine has gone bad and making squeaky noise when only one wheel riding over the bump. (happened in the second year (2017) of purchase @24k miles)

Today I have put 60k+ miles on my WK2 and really don't wanna put up with the stupid noise anymore.

Oh BTW, dealer wanted to charge me $2000+ to replace the entire sway bar and sway bar links. lol GFTS

Grand Cherokee
Limited
3.6L V6 Gas

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,645 Posts
The Swaybar has the bushing molded to them directly with an insert to keep them from separating.....

So its a lot of work to remove the existing bushings, then the existing brackets aren't shaped like universal bushing, and you'll have to cut them off anyway to get to the bushing...

You can measure the diameter of the bar and just get universal bushing and brackets....

But the universal brackets don't have the same offset as the OEM brackets, so you're gong to have to fabricate a spacer to mount between the bracket and body.....

When I purchased my 2011 WK2 used, I had clunking from the swaybar going over bumps asymmetric, I would have prefered to change the bushings and endlinks..... ....but after learning of the swaybar with molded end links, I decided to change just the end links and see if that helps before spending so much on a new swaybar or undertake such a huge project as cutting off and fabricating my own from universal parts.... ....turned out endlinks were all that was needed, no more noise or clunk....

I used Moog Problem Solver endlinks, they are beefier and heavier duty than the OEM, 2 years later they're still working trouble free.....

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,645 Posts
Oh BTW, dealer wanted to charge me $2000+ to replace the entire sway bar and sway bar links. lol GFTS
That's insane......
You'd likely fix the problem yourself in an hour with $40 worth of Moog Problem Solver endlinks.....

I've seen a new OEM front swaybar with the molded on bushings for $250-$400 on the internet, they don't last long at the $250 price, so I can't find one at the moment.... ....the swaybar and endlinks together shouldn't take the Dealer more than an hour to change, an amateur perhaps an hour and a half to two hours.....

·
Registered
16 75th 3.6
771 Posts
Is it rear or front? If it’s rear upgrade to a hellwig swaybar they have poly bushings that’s come with it. I’m adding the moog problem solvers to my 16 as soon as the stock ones wear out.

·
Registered
16 75th 3.6
771 Posts
It’s a little beefier and reduces body roll.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
2,645 Posts
Before you go buy an expensive entire swaybar assembly, remember the noise can be the Swaybar Bushings, the EndLinks or perhaps both......

Personally, I spent $40 and an hour of my time swapping out the endlinks with Moog Problem Solver versions of the endlinks. It solved all noise issues, nothing else necessary.....

So try that, and see how it works before you buy an entire swaybar assembly......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts