Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My exhaust tips are about 1/4" out of alignment. The right one is clearly higher than the left one.

I cannot see how they can ship a vehicle with such a major flaw.

Or not. :lol:

...tom

Edit: for crying out loud my Daughter's Scion xA didn't have this problem! Nevermind that it only had one exhaust tip - this is a serious safety problem!

Reactions: suzieque

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,869 Posts
You need a law firm on this.

Call Dewey, Skrewum and Howe ... 1-800- ....

·
Registered
JGC Overland
386 Posts
My laser measuring device is broken so I can't check all my gap alignments. Guess I'll just have to drive it and not worry :)

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uh oh.

My case has been infiltrated.

Went on a 4-day roadtrip to Cape Cod.

Wife said at least four times (that I'm aware of): "geez I love this Jeep.. I should get one.."

May need to source some hush money.

...tom

·
Registered
228 Posts
For all of you that think this is funny, shame on you. Mine are out of line as well.
I hope this is the only thing he finds out of line with his 50k+ NEW Vehicle.

Who is watching the Quality control on our vehicles?

·
Registered
JK
439 Posts
This is where my Army mechanic training paid off. When I determined the alignment issue with my exhaust tips I pulled out a trusty roll of "100 mile an hour tape" and jury rigged a strap that pulled the lower one up a 1/4" and viola... it looks good and now is just feels like a real Jeep.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My exhaust tips are about 1/4" out of alignment. The right one is clearly higher than the left one.

I cannot see how they can ship a vehicle with such a major flaw.

Or not. :lol:

...tom

Edit: for crying out loud my Daughter's Scion xA didn't have this problem! Nevermind that it only had one exhaust tip - this is a serious safety problem!
You got really screwed. The left should be higher so when you sit in it they level out. At least that is what my dealer told me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.