Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2014 Overland
1,274 Posts
i thought the limited had the same wood trim as the overland, if thats the case its real wood in the limited. i know its real in the overland, anyway....bout time jeep stepped it up....i had an 08 limited b4 and it was fake.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
The trim on the limited is not real wood. However, when I visually compare the Limited and Overland I do not see a big difference. To me, the Overland wood trim is so highly finished that it does not look real. The wood trim on the steering wheel and leather wrapped dash are the most noticeable differences on the Overland.

I wish the Overland included a wood shifter knob.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm pretty sure the limited is also real wood, just different kinds of wood. Can't remember where I saw that. The laredo/LaredoX has the composite. I looked at mine closer on the way home and I guess it does kinda have a wood grain look to it but with the Black interior it's done in black and charcoal so it doesn't look like it's coming off as cheap fake wood.

·
Everyday I'm shuffling
Ford Escape
6,126 Posts
You will get used to the wood in it. I thought that I was too shiny too but now I don't.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm pretty sure the limited is also real wood, just different kinds of wood. Can't remember where I saw that. The laredo/LaredoX has the composite. I looked at mine closer on the way home and I guess it does kinda have a wood grain look to it but with the Black interior it's done in black and charcoal so it doesn't look like it's coming off as cheap fake wood.
The Limited does not have real wood. It's the same as the Laredo, except different color. If you compare the Limited trim to the Laredo, they even have the same wood grain design; the only difference is in color. Chrysler refers to the Limited and Laredo's wood trim as "appliques" in their literature. (btw, they also say "bright" instead of "chrome" when it's chrome painted plastic instead of chromed metal). They make a point of always prefixing the Overland's wood trim with the word "real" and like to note that it's Standard on the Overland.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The trim is almost certainly plastic in the limited though, i own one with just about every option. The trim is wood color and has a chrome strip, unlike the laredo, that has a more subtle black wood-grain trim with no chrome, and is not as thick or wide so to speak. The overland, from what I can gather, has real wood and a leather trimmed dash.

·
Banned
2014 Overland
1,274 Posts
i was shocked to hear it is real as well. jeep has been known to go the cheap route on little details from time to time.Always great trucks overall, but sometimes small things that really dont matter get overlooked i guess.... i know a guy who has a overland commander with, get this, plastic clad rims. unreal. but true. he dropped 45 on that thing and he got plastic rims. another thing im glad jeep did was put solid rims on this overland. thank you jeep for real wood and real rims......

·
Registered
2001 Grand Cherokee
73 Posts
i was shocked to hear it is real as well. jeep has been known to go the cheap route on little details from time to time.Always great trucks overall, but sometimes small things that really dont matter get overlooked i guess.... i know a guy who has a overland commander with, get this, plastic clad rims. unreal. but true. he dropped 45 on that thing and he got plastic rims. another thing im glad jeep did was put solid rims on this overland. thank you jeep for real wood and real rims......
One more sign that American automakers are starting to get it right!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts