Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts
Well after being told in late August by FCA that the update is available, my dealer still hasn't received the master disc. I think it's about time FCA changed their name to PA, Pinocchio Australia.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Map update update:
Short story. Epic fail.
Long story. Lots of problems downloading the map data. Then it wouldn’t apply. Lots of problems with codes and such.

Emails flying back and forth between Jeep and dealer with it being escalated to Jeep US.

Suffice it to say, the update didn’t go ahead. But the radio software was updated. I now have a button that says “apps”. It takes me to a list of shortcuts that can be displayed on the bottom menu.

Big deal!

I was so hoping that Car Play was a part of the upgrade.

But I did get a look at a supercharged SRT JGC. $159,000 on road...

Agree. Think I’ll wait out a little longer

Got mine updated today.
The maps don’t look new. A few new streets around my area that are not in the map.
And by new I mean the streets have been here around 18 months.
I do wonder how new the map update is?!

Got mine updated today.
The maps don’t look new. A few new streets around my area that are not in the map.
And by new I mean the streets have been here around 18 months.
I do wonder how new the map update is?!
Hi Freo, I had my maps updated today (supposedly), but I am wondering whether or not they were as the Map Database shows 2012 among its' numbers & letters.
Can you advise what map version is displayed on yours?

The map database is shown under Settings -> System Information. The database is the second lot of numbers.
Mine shows as jibberish;NQNA2012Q2;20140418

Meaning the maps are from second quarter 2012.

What are you two having on the new install?

Mine is showing: NQNA2012Q2;20121002 after the install.

I phoned FCA yesterday, and they advised that the map update won't show on settings. It is purely the date that navigation was installed into the vehicle.

Sounds like BS to me!

FCA also advised that the new maps are 2016.

Just a quick follow up, I went to Jeep this morning and they have assured me that the maps have been updated, and the twice mentioned 2012 in "Map Database", has nothing to do with the currency of the maps. I was told that the serial no in there will never change, and the bit that changes is;
Software Version: 15.26.1 and
NaviServer: 9.10.2.400609

I guess that confirms what FCA told me yesterday, but leaves us plebs with no way to determine the date of our maps unless you can decipher the above codes.

After the supposedly update the other day, here are the new details...
Software Version:17.09.01
NaviServer:9.10.32.682638
Map Database:CMCN4VP4ROW;V9

And seriously, I haven’t noticed any new roads on the map which have been around in my area for a good over 2 years.

Just a quick follow up, I went to Jeep this morning and they have assured me that the maps have been updated, and the twice mentioned 2012 in "Map Database", has nothing to do with the currency of the maps. I was told that the serial no in there will never change, and the bit that changes is;
Software Version: 15.26.1 and
NaviServer: 9.10.2.400609

I guess that confirms what FCA told me yesterday, but leaves us plebs with no way to determine the date of our maps unless you can decipher the above codes.
This doesn't pass my bullshit test. Just means that both FCA and the Dealers are as clueless as each other.

Well, MY14 wk2 JGC (a Laredo 4x4 with the 8.4 and activated maps) went in for a second time to the dealership in Moreton , because they weren’t able to update her maps. The FCA guys have given them “an update” which she has taken but the maps “are not compatible with this vehicle”. Any one here that has their maps applied to a Laredo with activated maps?
Apparently the maps are “Q3 2018”...

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Last week during the 30k service, they updated the Uconnect software in preparation to install the "latest" map updates. That was a pre-requisite.

Then they had problems trying to get the map to install (and problems trying to download the files - crappy internet, they said). In the end they had run out of time and could I leave the car overnight, which I did.

Next day they had another shot at it. No good. Time to get in touch with the US.

Yesterday they called me to see about me bringing the car in to get the job finished. So, it goes in on Friday (19th Oct). There's only one guy in the dealership and he currently is working at their Ford dealership (a part of a wider motor group). So, they have to get him over to the Jeep place to do the work.

This really has been one long sorry saga of what appears to be gross incompetance. Christ only knows what the bill will come out to in the end.

So at the dealers for a service today. They said they updated "the system" to current software. System details in the attached photos. SO is this ACTUALLY the latest? Map database says .....2013Q4;20140716....?

Attachments

So at the dealers for a service today. They said they updated "the system" to current software. System details in the attached photos. SO is this ACTUALLY the latest? Map database says .....2013Q4;20140716....?
Standard Parramatta Jeep, you didnt even get the latest system let alone the map updates.

Help me out Snake. What is the latest system?

41 - 60 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.