Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts
2nd time submitting the wk2 and still no map updates apparently FCA will "create" a more favourable map update code to allow me to update the mapping database. Currently sitting on the 16.13.13

Discussion starter · #63 ·
Mine was updated on Friday. Cost around $200. Was done with a 30,000 km service. I don’t know what its revision number is. Different format serial to the original.

I've heard the same reports from offline as well that the derp dealers are doing 17.43 updates and claiming it includes maps.

Guys make sure you find a bit of road that you know exists but isn't on your maps in order to test this as the failure to do the work is widespread.

I'm going to do that + ensure mine is updated to 17.43 before I even take it in there so when the map revision doesn't change because they didn't do it, can have discussions.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Mine was updated last week. I don't know what map revision it is as there is no clue in its revision number. But it cost me $200 and 3 days of the car being there whilst they worked out how to do it. First two days was as a part of its 30,000km service, the third day when I had to return it when they worked out how to do it.

Just a quick follow up, I went to Jeep this morning and they have assured me that the maps have been updated, and the twice mentioned 2012 in "Map Database", has nothing to do with the currency of the maps. I was told that the serial no in there will never change, and the bit that changes is;
Software Version: 15.26.1 and
NaviServer: 9.10.2.400609

I guess that confirms what FCA told me yesterday, but leaves us plebs with no way to determine the date of our maps unless you can decipher the above codes.
Another update; I sent a copy of my settings to FCA by email, and they have now confirmed that my update was not done.
Back to the dealership. I hate this!

Hi All,

Is there any update for the Maps in Australia? I am running 2013Q2 maps on a MY15.

The latest update I can see available on forums is RJ4_MAP_NQROW_2012Q4_20131030.zip

Is there any more recent maps available and can someone host on Mega/GDrive or one of them? Tnx

I just rang two dealers in Adelaide, Quarter 4, 2016 is the latest maps and $320 and will need the car for 4 hours. It must have the latest software on it first which is $160 per hour to install, i asked her 'why $160 labour charge when you putting usb stick in and letting it self install?" she said 'its not that easy"...odd...i did it in my driveway in 45 mins...now we need to steal the maps somehow! they hire peanuts at the dealers.

I just rang two dealers in Adelaide, Quarter 4, 2016 is the latest maps and $320 and will need the car for 4 hours. It must have the latest software on it first which is $160 per hour to install, i asked her 'why $160 labour charge when you putting usb stick in and letting it self install?" she said 'its not that easy"...odd...i did it in my driveway in 45 mins...now we need to steal the maps somehow! they hire peanuts at the dealers.
I have installed the latest FW also. Just maps... Wish someone on the forum from a dealer would upload the maps update...
I will ask around dealers in Sydney and see if I can get a 4finger favour. ???

The recent Australian map updates for Jeep Grand Cherokee was out around June 2018 and it cost at least 195$ according to FCA. Many members has it already and it is up to 4th quarter of 2016 update. Some dealerships does not have it yet. If you are not a member of Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Club of Australia in Facebook, please join now. We have about 5K members and growing.

Hello everyone,

Well after waiting almost 5 years for a navigation map update, today was the day I was booked in to the Dealer to have it done, what a 6.5 hour saga that turned out to be and no map updates.

To do an update for the new maps, your UConnect system needs to be updated to at least V17.43.1 which as it turns out is not compatible with MY13 and 14 systems. The upload crashed out and I ended up with a system with no radio, Bluetooth or maps, in essence UConnect was totally craped out and nothing worked.

In the end I convinced the dealer to downgrade the system back to 16.13.13 which is now working but I have no maps displayed on my screen, only voice prompts, radio and Bluetooth working. The dealer has logged a technical case with FCA and we will wait to hear if they have a solution. Very frustrating for the dealer and myself as we both wasted so much time and no positive result.

With the UConnect system update which needs to happen or no map updates, one would have thought this would all have been tested before it was released to the dealer to charge $200.00 for.

Will let you know how things go, but I am not holding my breath. Regard's, JosephR.

Very strange, as 17.43.1 uploaded fine on my MY14.

To do an update for the new maps, your UConnect system needs to be updated to at least V17.43.1 which as it turns out is not compatible with MY13 and 14 systems. The upload crashed out and I ended up with a system with no radio, Bluetooth or maps, in essence UConnect was totally craped out and nothing worked.
MY13 & MY14 are two different cars. MY13 is WK, MY14 is WK2, they have massively different Uconnect systems.
MY14 are 100% compatible with v17.43.01, it's what I have in mine.

Hello SNUKE,

Thank you for taking time to read and reply to my posts, I greatly appreciate it.

I have downloaded the files suggested and found that when I have unzipped them there are 2 files, one smaller .iso file and one large .upd file. In the past it has just been one large .iso file, see below screen capture.

Is this correct?

Should I just copy them to the root directory of a blank USB drive and follow the usual upgrade process. Thank you for your help, Regards, JosephR.

MY13 & MY14 are two different cars. MY13 is WK, MY14 is WK2, they have massively different Uconnect systems.

Attachments

No, they are all WK2s from 2011, however everything else you said is correct.

I think the issue is around some MY14s that are 2013 builds. Seems there is a difference in the hardware on these. There are a few forums around which seem to focus on 'older' vehicles where there is a difference in MY14 vehicles built in mid 2013 to those built in later 2013 and 2014. I have a May 13 MY14 and cannot get the 17.43.1 to work. I have tried the MY14 and MY15 ROW (rest of world) versions. Almost like they need an MY13 version for ROW as a NAFTA version does exist, though not much help for Australia.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.