Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts
Hello everyone,

Well after waiting almost 5 years for a navigation map update, today was the day I was booked in to the Dealer to have it done, what a 6.5 hour saga that turned out to be and no map updates.

Wow that sucks Joesephr! Hope they sort it out soon.

Has anyone with 17.43.1 managed to have the latest maps put on by a dealer and if so, what date are the newest ones available? My 2014 has 2012 maps apparently so looking to get a paid update to whatever is available now. I updated my car to 17.43.1 the other day after realising it was still back on v14 using SNUKE and Sox downloads and info.

Looking for guidance. We bought a new GC Overland in February 2019. Delivered 8/3/19. Drove the motorway Sydney to Brisbane - many parts of the highway over 2 years old are not showing.

I called Jeep Customer Care - tells me my map is probably 2016 or 2015. But a new map update came out 15/3. Dealer says if I want the new update - released 1 week after I purchased the Overland - it will cost me about $330.

What is going on?

Bungendore,

My advice to you is to go hard on FCA and mention to them that you will take the matter to Fire Trading. Also explain to them that you purchased a 2019 vehicle and paid top dollar for an overland and they are vandalising the brand by providing out of date maps for a new vehicle. Don't let the dealer bully you, take it to the top and let them know strongly that this type of behavior is not what a premium car buyer expects. Let everyone know how you went. Regards, JosephR.

Looking for guidance. We bought a new GC Overland in February 2019. Delivered 8/3/19. Drove the motorway Sydney to Brisbane - many parts of the highway over 2 years old are not showing.

I called Jeep Customer Care - tells me my map is probably 2016 or 2015. But a new map update came out 15/3. Dealer says if I want the new update - released 1 week after I purchased the Overland - it will cost me about $330.

What is going on?

What is going on?
I'd check the map version number carefully before committing to any more money. I understood that the map update released in March 2019 was actually data/roads from 2016, and that's the best that we can expect.

Unless someone has had the update done and can provide confirmation of just how new the maps are?

Reactions: Barboots
Hi Guys,

How do I get into the Uconnect engineering menu on a 2016 SRT GJC..
Uconnect Re-boot:
Hold Mute and Tune buttons for reboot.
This makes no changes to your settings, it is just a reboot procedure.

Uconnect Factory (Engineering) reset:
Hold temp up and down buttons to access engineering menu.
This will wipe all of your personal settings and take it back to factory default. It will also load with the SRT logo and take several minutes to hours before it will look the same as it did before.

Reactions: Yellowtoy
Finally had maps updates , did advise , will need car all day, 2015 GC, Dropped off 4 pm finished by 12 midday next day . Was advised some get gliches and do take longer.
In south west WA, Advised they are 2018 maps. . Not sure what they are , But I do know They are much more current, I can locate much newer locations.
The big plus , When looking for addresses in perth , I can just search "Perth" without having to select the actual suburb, which was a real pain
So far so Good , cost $250 , I'm ok with that

Hi thetraffs,
Where did you get the map update done? Every time I get my 2014 Overland serviced at John Hughes they tell me that there is no map update available!

Finally had maps updates , did advise , will need car all day, 2015 GC, Dropped off 4 pm finished by 12 midday next day . Was advised some get gliches and do take longer.
In south west WA, Advised they are 2018 maps. . Not sure what they are , But I do know They are much more current, I can locate much newer locations.
The big plus , When looking for addresses in perth , I can just search "Perth" without having to select the actual suburb, which was a real pain
So far so Good , cost $250 , I'm ok with that

Hi Red , Bunbury Jeep , Phoned them at 3 pm , advised $250, Dropped it of at 4 pm same day , ready by noon next day.
But as stated, he did advise , some updates just will not load , and then we are stuffed , when I picked it up, he said mine went thru super easy,
but that may not be the norm.
Very pleased with "Russell"s Service

Asked Jeep in Canberra in 2018 .. .was quoted $600 for map update and told "not to shoot the messenger" as Jeep USA charges them $550 for the USB (I think this is crap) ... I informed them I'll be using my phone in it's holder on the dash ... for free ... at least until I can suss things out myself ... I'm an I.T. guy and my BMW is waaaay easy to upgrade, so how hard can this be .... I'll start by looking at other forums ... starting point is to find whose maps they use in Australia ...

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.