Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Grand Cherokee Limited and a 2020 Grand Cherokee Altitude
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I got a 2020 altitude recently with 14k on it. The dealer insisted on selling me Zurich insurance, and the policy was close to 4K. I didn't realize I had a choice, as I asked about max care but they told me Zurich was the one available to them to sell.

fastward a few weeks, I got an offer in the mail from Jeep for max care, for like 1200 less, for more miles (2028 or 125,000 miles). From what I've read on here, max care cant be beat. I just found out from calling Zurich direct, that I should be able to go back to the dealer and cancel for a 100 percent refund since it's with in 100 days.

So my question is, is it worth the hassle?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Dealers love third party warranties because they make much more profit selling them. My dealer was reluctant to sell me the MaxCare Lifetime with any discount so I went with Ziegler.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d do it. You’ll get a prorated refund from Zurich.
The Zurich employee told me no big deal, I’m entitled to a full refund because it’s still within 60 days. Gonna go to the dealer Monday to try and make it happen.

·
Registered
'23 GC WL74 Limited (Jim)
156 Posts
Dealers love third party warranties because they make much more profit selling them. My dealer was reluctant to sell me the MaxCare Lifetime with any discount so I went with Ziegler.
My suggestion also. Ziegler has the best prices I've found in my searching.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s not really the price motivating this, it’s max care’s reputation of being pretty full proof, and that every jeep dealer recognizes it instantly.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's because MaxCare is just an extension of your factory warranty, with extra added benefits like key fob replacement/programming and a rental car during warranty service. You never know what you'll get with a 3rd party service contract.

·
Premium Member
SRT8
2,868 Posts
I biggest Benefit by far of Maxcare is Nation wide any Dealer No 3rd party auth etc. Your dealers warranty/service manager just submits the info electronically and they're required to put OEM parts back on when ever possible.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Get the MaxCare, you won't be sorry.

·
Super Moderator
11,107 Posts
That's because MaxCare is just an extension of your factory warranty, with extra added benefits like key fob replacement/programming and a rental car during warranty service.
That's actually not quite accurat. The Mopar Maximum Care plan (what many folks call MaxCare) is an extended service contract, not a warranty extension, which is what ALL of these plans are. They are not legally "warranties". The language on the written contract actually says "service contract", too. But regardless...it's the best plan for anyone who wants this insurance for the time and miles they intend to hold their vehicle and yes, the Mopar plan includes some extra features that benefit the owner during the original OEM Warranty period.

Reactions: dmb182

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Summi
55 Posts
The Zurich employee told me no big deal, I’m entitled to a full refund because it’s still within 60 days. Gonna go to the dealer Monday to try and make it happen.
Ok, that’s good. I canceled my extended service contract on my Audi but it was past a 60day out clause. So, I got a prorated refund, but it was still a good amount.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's actually not quite accurat. The Mopar Maximum Care plan (what many folks call MaxCare) is an extended service contract, not a warranty extension, which is what ALL of these plans are. They are not legally "warranties". The language on the written contract actually says "service contract", too. But regardless...it's the best plan for anyone who wants this insurance for the time and miles they intend to hold their vehicle and yes, the Mopar plan includes some extra features that benefit the owner during the original OEM Warranty period.
Blah blah blah, it duplicates the factory warranty coverage for an extended period of time/miles plus as I mentioned has additional benefits.

·
Registered
JGC
819 Posts
Yes, it's worth the hassle. Also, be sure to use the discount code "PAYINFULL" with Ziegler for another $365 off.

Reactions: @JC!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the input. Signed up for maxcare today. Pretty great service. And they even told me I can sign up for a oil change service contract at half off in 2 years (I already have one from when I bought the vehicle.).
Have to go to the dealer to sign some stuff to cancel the previous Zurich policy. Thanks again

Reactions: @JC!

·
Registered
2015 JGC WK2 Overland
12 Posts
2015 JGC - went with so-called Maxcare unlimited years and miles when it was offered to me about 5 years ago. I think it was around $3400 over 2 years interest free. Had drivers side DRL partially fail across the top. Dealer said no warranty on lamps. I said, "It's not a lamp, they are LED's (light emitting diodes) and diodes are electronics that you warranty by the thousands throughout the vehicle in various modules." Just because they emit light they are no less an electronic component and not a "lamp." Spoke to Maxcare folks who were very cooperative, professional, and reasonable and they agreed that LED's are covered. They paid for the $1500 replacement of my headlamp assembly, minus the $100 deductible. Happy with Maxcare. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
2015 JGC - went with so-called Maxcare unlimited years and miles when it was offered to me about 5 years ago. I think it was around $3400 over 2 years interest free. Had drivers side DRL partially fail across the top. Dealer said no warranty on lamps. I said, "It's not a lamp, they are LED's (light emitting diodes) and diodes are electronics that you warranty by the thousands throughout the vehicle in various modules." Just because they emit light they are no less an electronic component and not a "lamp." Spoke to Maxcare folks who were very cooperative, professional, and reasonable and they agreed that LED's are covered. They paid for the $1500 replacement of my headlamp assembly, minus the $100 deductible. Happy with Maxcare. Just sayin'.
Wow, I don't know where you bought that from but I paid $2650 for a lifetime Maxcare on my 2018 GC a few years back. I'd heard they were getting rid of the lifetime version and so I bought it about a month before then.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts