Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep WK2 Diesel
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently sitting on 265/50/20 on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland 4x4. How big can I go without requiring a lift kit and no severe rubbing?

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
6 Posts
Just wanted to give an update. Installed 275/55/20 BFG KO2 on a 2018 Altitude non QL. They fit perfect absolutely no rubbing. I highly recommend these tires they look bad a**.

·
Registered
JGC Summit
102 Posts
Here is 285/50-20 Cooper Zeon's on stock Summit. No rubbing and nice aggressive tread with a nice wide stance.

Attachments

Reactions: Governor

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys,

so i have the 2011 laredo wk2 with v8, no QL, on 18x8 stock

want to change to the replica srt spider monkeys 20x9, i asked the dealer if 285/50r20 would fit, they were skeptical, i assume most of u guys run the 20x8 ? not sure if that is the stock 20 inch jeep wheel standard or not.. i wonder if the extra x1 difference in the wheel size would impact against the 285/50 for rubbing

any input would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all - I just wanted to throw out a quick thanks to everyone who posted their max tire size here and in other threads on the forum. thanks to all the good advice on here I just got 265/65/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3Ws put on my 2015 limited, standard suspension, and stock rims with no spacers or modifications of any kind. No rubbing whatsoever. Nice looking tires, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you update us? Any issues with rubbing? I have a 17 grand Cherokee limited 4x4 18in rims and standard suspension as well. Really like the look of the 265 65 18 Falkens want to make sure that extra inch or so isn’t going to be an issue. Any thoughts and advice will help :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
no issue
Can you update us? Any issues with rubbing? I have a 17 grand Cherokee limited 4x4 18in rims and standard suspension as well. Really like the look of the 265 65 18 Falkens want to make sure that extra inch or so isn’t going to be an issue. Any thoughts and advice will help :)
no issues at all. no rubbing no matter how hard I turn them. great in moab.

·
Registered
GC TH
456 Posts
Some are running 32.1”, which is 275/65r18 w/o rubbing, so you should be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree that 32.1 is the max tire size. You can fit 255/70/18 or 275/65/18, although you might experience a slight rubbing depending on the aggressiveness of the tire and tread design.

My buddy has 18" Fuel off-road rims with 265/65's. No rubbing issues according to him.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts