Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been many threads on "extended warranties" which are really service contracts. The vast majority agree that the best plan is the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan from the "factory" versus 3rd party.

Most people buy online (or get a quote online to give to the dealer to match) and a lot of people here go through Zeigler --- www.chryslerfactoryplans.com

To save people the hassle, there is an additional $150 discount by using the Promotional Code "DAMON" at checkout.

It works as I just used it... I don't recall it being posted on this forum so I am passing it along. Their website sometimes sends you a promo code via email when you don't buy but put your info in too. I think the above promo code is the maximum further discount you can get online though. So am passing it along... :)

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump - Has anyone used this promotional code recently and is it still working?

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Does anyone know if there is tax on the warranty?
No sales tax on these contracts (at least not ever in the states I have bought them).*

* Your particular state may differ.

·
Super Moderator
8,616 Posts
Does anyone know if there is tax on the warranty?
That would be state-specific...some states may charge sales tax on extended service contracts.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
13 Posts
Thanks, I did the instant quote and was quoted for around $2,800 (with the code) for lifetime maxcare with a $100 deductible 1,600 miles on the vehicle. It seems a little steep, but what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can also try Zeller Motors apparently some guy named Clay ( [email protected] ) according to other posts.

thxr6 says he paid $2,430 according to his post which is really low (don't know if V6 or V8 if that makes a difference or not) from Clay.

Otherwise the $2,700-$2,800 range is usually a good price. Shop around as there is no rush rush.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes you should buy it from the least expensive source you can find. It doesn't matter where you buy it, the MaxCare plans available online or by calling dealers in other cities/states are the same as the ones available from your local dealer. They're just less expensive when you shop around.

·
Registered
GC Summit California
224 Posts
For those interested in getting those, go for the lifetime plan.

Now that I'm getting older, I'm thinking way ahead in my future. Trying to keep a car. I ended up getting a 7 year warranty which is the same length as my car loan. Figured that was smart thing to do but after 7 years, I'll be so scared to keep this car in case of a crazy repair bill. When I'm done paying her off I'll probably end up getting something that won't break on me, like a toyota or honda and be lame.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
For those interested in getting those, go for the lifetime plan.

Now that I'm getting older, I'm thinking way ahead in my future. Trying to keep a car. I ended up getting a 7 year warranty which is the same length as my car loan. Figured that was smart thing to do but after 7 years, I'll be so scared to keep this car in case of a crazy repair bill. When I'm done paying her off I'll probably end up getting something that won't break on me, like a toyota or honda and be lame.
It really depends on how it's running at the time of warranty expiration. If mine is strong with no problems, I'll prob keep it a little longer..I got the 6/100 on mine and the mileage and time are going to mesh about perfectly so far. If I get thru it with no problems, I'll be overall happy with what I got out of the vehicle for the money...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
GC Summit California
224 Posts
It really depends on how it's running at the time of warranty expiration. If mine is strong with no problems, I'll prob keep it a little longer..I got the 6/100 on mine and the mileage and time are going to mesh about perfectly so far. If I get thru it with no problems, I'll be overall happy with what I got out of the vehicle for the money...:thumbsup:
Yes that was my original thought but that air suspension :/ or how about the amp in my harmon kardon system :/ . Those are the items for example that concern me.

Also, dont quote me on this but you can get a full refund of the service plan if you don't use it. If you use it once forget it. Not sure if they will give me a refund 7 years down the line if I don't use it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If they lasted that long...They'd last a little longer. I usually don't keep cars more than 6 years. But if it was doing extremely well, I'd sell it to a family member at a low price cause I wouldn't get much on the open market for it anyways. Its the only way you can kinda justify these 55-60K price tags....Hopefully there is something brand new and much better in 2020!

·
Registered
'15 GC Overland
283 Posts
I finally decided to purchase the Lifetime MaxCare Extended Service Contract the other day and the promotion code "DAMON" is still valid :thumbsup:

Total price for my '15 Overland V8 Hemi w/ approx 16K miles is $2,705. That's with the promo code applied. I opted for the 12 month financing and put 20% down payment. It's a no brainer decision as I want to keep this vehicle for as long as I can and no plans of getting rid of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, I did the instant quote and was quoted for around $2,800 (with the code) for lifetime maxcare with a $100 deductible 1,600 miles on the vehicle. It seems a little steep, but what do you guys think?
I paid $2300 for the life time maxcare but that was back in June 2014.I feel better now knowing I have it now that the factory warranty has expired on my 14 Summit.But I have to admit so far it has been trouble free.My wife's previous vehicle was a 03 GMC Envoy that we purchased new.It had 105,000 on it and started having a lot of electrical issues.(window regulator,air pump for rear suspension, moonroof motor,ect)All happening with in the same year. $3500 worth.That convinced us to purchase the Maxcare since we usually keep one a long time.The Envoy-11 years,My Sierra-15 years and counting.

·
The Negotiator
2017 WK2 3.6L
5,273 Posts
Yes that was my original thought but that air suspension :/ or how about the amp in my harmon kardon system :/ . Those are the items for example that concern me.

Also, dont quote me on this but you can get a full refund of the service plan if you don't use it. If you use it once forget it. Not sure if they will give me a refund 7 years down the line if I don't use it.
False on the total refund. They are not going to give you the full refund back if you don't use it. The moment you buy the MAXCARE warranty they already start taking money off of it. Few of us that had '14 and upgraded to a '16/'17 were able to get some money back but not all of it.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Does Maxcare provide road hazard protection on the original equipment tires? (I just found out the Subaru extended warranty does.)

·
Registered
Altitude
2,741 Posts
Does Maxcare provide road hazard protection on the original equipment tires? (I just found out the Subaru extended warranty does.)

you would need to get a road hazard plan, max care doesn't cover tires (i'm 90% sure about this lol)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

1 - 20 of 133 Posts