Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience weighing the pros and cons of a chrysler maxcare warranty vs a platinum carefree car protection warranty from fidelity? The coverage seemed pretty comparable to me - and while the fidelity one costs a bit more it also seems to be more flexible (can use most certified mechanics, etc) and the deductible was less for the same coverage.

Let me/us know!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'd rather the Chrysler one. In to the dealer it goes, it gets fixed by the dealership, don't have to hope that the "certified mechanic" did it right.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd rather the Chrysler one. In to the dealer it goes, it gets fixed by the dealership, don't have to hope that the "certified mechanic" did it right.
Sure - the Fidelity one can also be fixed at a dealer (its actually a 0$ deductible then). Just wondering if anyone has done a detailed look into the coverage comparisons or has experience with filing claims with Fidelity coverage?

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Your dealer might also want you to pay for repairs upfront and be reimbursed by your third party insurance. The MaxCare warranty will always work seamlessly with any Chrysler dealership.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your dealer might also want you to pay for repairs upfront and be reimbursed by your third party insurance. The MaxCare warranty will always work seamlessly with any Chrysler dealership.
Looks like the repairing dealer is to perform the authorized repairs without charge - so thats good a least.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have had the Fidelity Platinum on my WJ Overland. Purchased it from the dealer. I have used it a lot and never had any problems. Dealer was always working with them directly on approvals and payment.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I myself would never buy an aftermarket warrenty under any circumstances. Even if it was half the cost. In my experience they are a PITA if they are still around when you go to use it. As the one post says his dealer was working with them for approvals and while thats going on your car sits there. With the chrysler warrenty if its covered it gets fixed no questions asked no having your car sit there for a week waiting for someone to decide if they want to approve it .

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had the Fidelity Platinum on my WJ Overland. Purchased it from the dealer. I have used it a lot and never had any problems. Dealer was always working with them directly on approvals and payment.
Thanks for the insight. Have you had any issues with lengthy times to get approval, stuff not being approved, etc?

·
Registered
158 Posts
THe manufacturer warranty is always better, they are less likely to try to deny claims and they will not try to use aftermarket parts.
Chrysler has a lot more to loose if a pissed off customer makes a stink than some aftermarket warranty company does; so they will be more likely to make things right in a disagreement.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Having the Chrysler warranty may also keep you from getting bumped for another guys vehicle. Not saying it happens everywhere, but I would believe that some places a factory warranty would take precedence over the other guys.
Personally, went with Max on mine. The price was great and there are 8 dealers within 50 miles of me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by dsi jeep
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thanks for the insight. Have you had any issues with lengthy times to get approval, stuff not being approved, etc?
No problems at all. Actually the dealer has recommended them to me and I was using the same Chrysler/Jeep dealer to do the service. They did blend doors, window regulators, rear axle bearings, tire rod ends, sway bar links and many more things....All service was done the same day and I have never had to pay anything ( had a $0 deductible). The only time I had to go twice was for the heated seat switch because the dealer had to order it. I was not sure at the time if I should go with third party, but the fact the dealer was behind made me feel better. Warranty has expired about a year ago....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problems at all. Actually the dealer has recommended them to me and I was using the same Chrysler/Jeep dealer to do the service. They did blend doors, window regulators, rear axle bearings, tire rod ends, sway bar links and many more things....All service was done the same day and I have never had to pay anything ( had a $0 deductible). The only time I had to go twice was for the heated seat switch because the dealer had to order it. I was not sure at the time if I should go with third party, but the fact the dealer was behind made me feel better. Warranty has expired about a year ago....
Glad to hear it!

I have a similar experience where the dealer appears to recommend the fidelity one over the Chrysler product. They seem genuine when recommending that overall it has been better coverage for their customers. I still kind of like the idea of having a manufacturer backed one though.

Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Glad to see you had a good experience with the Fidelity Warranty. If the fidelity warranty is significantly cheaper than the Chrysler one then it would be worthwhile to consider. If they are the same price, the Chrysler one would be a no brainer. Also, if you plan on keeping the car longer than 7 years, don't forget about the Lifetime plan that Chrysler offers. I would take what the dealer recommends with a grain of salt...extended warranties and other add ons are the profit center at most dealers and they will push whatever gives them the most profit margin. Also check out chryslerwarrantys.com and look at their pricing for the Chrysler warranty vs your dealers pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Does Fidelity have a lifetime option?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does Fidelity have a lifetime option?
No - just 7 year 100,000 miles. The plan cost is about the same as a lifetime maxcare (with $100 deductible) but with lower deductible (0$ at the dealership the car was purchased from, $50 anywhere else).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I stopped by the dealership yesterday and they really seem to like this fidelity platinum warranty compared to Chrysler Maxcare. The sales manager I have been working with had no problem at all switching me over to the Chrysler plan if I wanted to (for a good price too of about $1800) but he honestly seems to believe that the fidelity plan in his experience has covered many more things and people have been generally more happy with it. Like I said, I can still have it serviced at a Jeep dealership if desired. I was set on making the swap, but now I am torn again...:p

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe better commission on the fidelity than mopar ;)
Maybe - not sure on the "true" cost of the fidelity warranty but given the fact that he is quoting me a very good price on the Maxcare I would guess he is doing the same with the fidelity option...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts