Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO this stuff works great.

My GF's car gets LOTS of braks dust and I have to clean them weekly. Here's the tools I use. I wheel & tire brush safe for factory wheels, A toilet bowl brush to get in the spokes and other tight areas, and Maguire's Hot Rims wheel cleaner.

First I wet the wheel and spray it with the cleaner. I give it about 15 seconds and I scrub the dirt away. Just be careful not o scrub too hard and scratch the rim. Here's a few pics in the pracess...

I only did half the rim on one wheel so you really could see the difference.

Ant this is the finished product...

I decided to take the wheels off and clean the inside of the wheel and wax them....

I rate this product a 9.5 out of 10.....

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... IMO it's a great product and I wanted to share the word...

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
I personally like the P21s wheel cleaning gel. I use it on my wifes IS250 as well. I hardly ever have to hand wash thee wheel after the P21s. The Meguiers cleans well...but the P21s clings to the wheel and doesnt run off.

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah she does. That's from one week. I want to powdercoat them like this or a little darker...

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll check out the P21s Scott... I'm half done with this bottle of Meguiars so I'll try that stuff next...

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
detailedimage has it...

i would find some x package liquid graphite wheels in 18" if it were me....lol. My wifes IS had those originally

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll look for those. I wanted the IS-F NM wheels but that's not going to happen. LOL

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have the Meguiar's Hot Rim cleaner and i love it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
should be....just read the bottle to make sure

·
Registered
949 Posts
What kinda brush should I use on a chrome wheel?? I'm always scared im going to scratch it

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
no brush...use a microfiber mitt.....wash it just like the paint

·
Registered
949 Posts

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is that a new m3 wheel? I love the graphite/powder-coat look...and as we know everything looks better on white!
Why yes that is the 09 M3 wheel. Good eye and yes everything does look better on white.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
^^^^oh my.....you "white" guys are soooo LOST

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.