Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I’ve noticed that there has been a price increase on the 80th anniversary model. I’m not sure if it is throughout all models but the one I purchased is now $710 more with Lux and Lighting Pkgs. I did notice the base limited is up $200
Is this a normal occurrence? I haven’t noticed this before but I really wasn’t tracking it like I have been recently, the only reason I noticed was that I was wondering if they were starting to decrease the supply due to the upcoming WL 2 row.

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
It's not unusual for priced to float up from time to time including mid-year. Costs for manufacture go up and prices follow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just noticed today, at least on pricing for 2021 Limited 4X4, the exact same optioned 2021 is now $2,610 more than my 2020. They have taken the upgraded stereo and panoramic sunroof out of the Luxury Group II option and created a new Sun and Sound Group option. Luxury Group II remains at $2,995 and add another $1,840 for the Sun and Sound Group.

2020 Limited 4X4 - $48,130
Base price $41,855
Paint $195
Premium Lighting Group $795
Luxury Group II $2,895
Trailer Tow $895
Destination $1,495

2021 Limited 4X4 - $50,740
Base price $42,175
Paint $245
Premium Lighting Group $995
Luxury Group II $2,995
Sun and Sound Group $1,840
Trailer Tow $995
Destination $1,495

Crazy! Must be getting ready for WL74 price increase.

FB08D44B-E03C-46E0-BC6D-E463A5B1B00A.jpeg

0745D231-A6E9-4CE6-BFFF-C0A1E1C1EB23.png
AC8B31A9-B9D7-4DC3-8F23-982F4FDAB645.png

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just started looking at new JGC's today and noticed that new sun and sound group and thought, sheesh, nice way to squeeze out a few more dollars. Maybe I can find some left over 2020s out there, lol...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just started looking at new JGC's today and noticed that new sun and sound group and thought, sheesh, nice way to squeeze out a few more dollars. Maybe I can find some left over 2020s out there, lol...
Oh, there are 2021’s out there without the Sun and Sound Group BS (still included with Lux II Group). This new gouging just seemed to be effective within the last week or so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, there are 2021’s out there without the Sun and Sound Group BS (still included with Lux II Group). This new gouging just seemed to be effective within the last week or so.
Yeah, I started looking for new vehicles last night on the Jeep build site...couldnt escape the sun group thing with the 2021s, but interestingly I could build out 2020 vehicles and noticed that on the Trailhawk that the rock rails are $100 or $200 more expensive on the 2021 models. I may just try building out a 2020 and going that route.

I am also surprised by how few have the Dark Sienna interior. I think that's such a rich, luxurious color and, unfortunately, Im being a little myopic in my preference for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shoving a sun roof down everyone's throat in order to get a stereo is crazy
It is and it's crazy the pricing, too..it appears that they kept the Lux 2 pkg the same price despite breaking out what is likely the most expensive item, the pano sun roof. Lux 2 was 2995 and it still remains that while they added the sun and sound for nearly 1900...wild.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Interesting that on the 80th anniversary model the lux group is $1595, much better value than the $2995 lux group on other limiteds. But the 80th package did cost me $2180 and included 20” wheels and pro tech II among other assorted black out body features. The 2021 models do have the Jeep Wave program which has value but probably not thousands worth over a 2020 model. If there are any left.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x2
1,523 Posts
We picked up our July build 2020 Summit 4x2 in the exact configuration we wanted for a great price. Didnt bother looking around for 2021's.

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
At this point, since MY20 vehicles have not been manufactured since last June, they will be generally harder to come by. JGC model year typically switches early summer with next model year appearing in showrooms August/September latest. There may be a few out there, but...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was hoping that because I could build out a 2020 on the Jeep build site that I might be able to place an order for a 2020. I guess I didn't think through...

I really want that Dark Sienna interior color thats available on the Overland and Summit trims. So few are out there in the V8 and none with the ORAII package.

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts
They leave the previous year's build up for reference purposes, but production stopped for MY20 last June-ish. (I don't recall the actual dates and it was a crazy year with the pandemic affecting tings)

·
Registered
288 Posts
They leave the previous year's build up for reference purposes, but production stopped for MY20 last June-ish. (I don't recall the actual dates and it was a crazy year with the pandemic affecting tings)
I believe production ended later than that for MY20

·
Super Moderator
9,498 Posts

·
Registered
Black Summit
3,845 Posts
I have not looked at prices in a while and talk about sticker shock I was just looking around at the stickers on some of the local Summits and do you know a loaded Summit is now 72K. I knew SRT and Trackhawk were way up there but I always considered them specialty. No doubt the WL74 summit loaded will command a price increase over the existing WK2, wonder where our top end will be with that one? gezz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts