Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the power folding mirror feature on the Overland and Summit, can it be programmed to fold the mirrors when the car is locked? My wife's Mercedes can be set to do this, and it's a nice feature instead of having to hit the button if you want to fold the mirrors. Also, it is easy to visually see if you remembered to lock the car. I looked in the manual and didn't see it mentioned in the power folding mirror section.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I've been messing with the options and haven't seen anything like that. I think it would be a great option since I never remember to press that button and feel it's a feature that will rarely get used by me unless I'm going through a tree.

·
Registered
772 Posts
With the power folding mirror feature on the Overland and Summit, can it be programmed to fold the mirrors when the car is locked? My wife's Mercedes can be set to do this, and it's a nice feature instead of having to hit the button if you want to fold the mirrors. Also, it is easy to visually see if you remembered to lock the car. I looked in the manual and didn't see it mentioned in the power folding mirror section.
Nope, you need to push the button.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I like the idea of being able to look back to make sure you locked the car. Although I think the mirrors mostly get folded to fit in somewhere, while the car is still moving. Kia makes it clear in a great commercial ... great the first time you see it anyway. :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Funny commercial, but I would never do that with my vehicle. I'm already nervous enough parking next to people and worrying they're going to slam their door into mine. I've only had this happen to one of my vehicles and it was when I loaned it to an in-law. She will never again drive my vehicle and never will she drive this one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, just saw that commercial last night. Pretty funny. Bummer they don't fold when locking the door. I think I would remember to hit the button to fold the mirrors almost never. Do they at least unfold automatically when either opening the driver's door or drive over a certain speed?

·
Registered
148 Posts
With the power folding mirror feature on the Overland and Summit, can it be programmed to fold the mirrors when the car is locked?
Seems good in theory, but can't imagine the mirror motor would hold up to that much use (unless you don't lock your doors much). Since I tend to lock my doors all the time, on a typical weekend of driving around, resturants and shopping I could be locking my doors 15-20 times.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah, just saw that commercial last night. Pretty funny. Bummer they don't fold when locking the door. I think I would remember to hit the button to fold the mirrors almost never. Do they at least unfold automatically when either opening the driver's door or drive over a certain speed?
They don't fold out by opening the door or starting the vehicle. I did pull out of a parking spot with them folded and they stayed, but haven't got up to speed to see if they unfold then.

·
Registered
325 Posts
They don't fold out by opening the door or starting the vehicle. I did pull out of a parking spot with them folded and they stayed, but haven't got up to speed to see if they unfold then.
They will unfold automatically if you go over either 10 or 15mph

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good to know. They idiot proof this vehicle so much, I'm going to forgot how to manually do things when I drive my other vehicle without all the features.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Seems good in theory, but can't imagine the mirror motor would hold up to that much use (unless you don't lock your doors much). Since I tend to lock my doors all the time, on a typical weekend of driving around, resturants and shopping I could be locking my doors 15-20 times.
So far on my wife's 2006 Mercedes the fodling mirrors haven't failed. Although they do seem to make a bit of noise now when they fold.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good to know. They idiot proof this vehicle so much, I'm going to forgot how to manually do things when I drive my other vehicle without all the features.
You know, I thought I would learn to hate my accord, but with all the nav glitches and bad user-friendly interface, I enjoy driving my Honda more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, on my 2012 laredo crd, i have maybe pressed that folding mirror button 5 times in 8 months , first time picking up the vehicle then showing it off to a couple of family members, but it's a cool feature to have!!.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They don't auto unfold, drove up to 60 mph on a highway at night for 20 minutes and then noticed I couldn't see the mirror while getting onto an interstate.

·
Registered
783 Posts
They don't auto unfold, drove up to 60 mph on a highway at night for 20 minutes and then noticed I couldn't see the mirror while getting onto an interstate.
I too experienced this. I intentionally left them folded and got up to 40 mph before I said forget it and pressed the button. I do find myself folding them when I park in the garage to easily get between the 2 cars in there without having to side step around the mirror.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmmm... I tested this scenario about 2 months ago here at work. I'll have to test it again and post my findings.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know this is an older post, but I wanted to mention that I literally have to fold my mirrors in every time I park my Jeep in the garage. It would still fit if I didn't, but only by a couple inches, and one of these days I would most certainly smack one.

I have gotten used to folding mirrors and hitting the park height button when 3 houses away from my house on my street. By the time I pull into the garage, its lowered and fits in.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It would be nice if the mirrors would fold and it would lower automatically when placed in park then you could change it in UConnect if not wanted.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,884 Posts
I have gotten used to folding mirrors and hitting the park height button when 3 houses away from my house on my street. By the time I pull into the garage, its lowered and fits in.
And when you get your next vehicle that does these things automatically, you will still be pressing the buttons. :) We are creatures of habit, which enables us to get used to things.

Happy to hear it is working out for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts