Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 5.7 gc limited 4wd, it was taking awhile for it to turn over after it had sat for a couple hours, I replaced my fuel injectors and then I started getting po300 po172 po175 and also some misfire codes from cylinders 2 3 and 4, (po302,po303,po304) I replaced all coils, all spark plugs and also replaced the MAP sensor, I used my buddy's high grade scanner and had a code saying it couldn't connect to PCM, still having delayed starts with the po300, po172 and po175 codes popping up I have had the recall for fuel pump relay done. Any help or suggestions would be great, I plan to take it to a garage to see if they see something I'm missing.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, ProCharged 5.7L Hemi
699 Posts
I have a 2011 5.7 gc limited 4wd, it was taking awhile for it to turn over after it had sat for a couple hours, I replaced my fuel injectors and then I started getting po300 po172 po175 and also some misfire codes from cylinders 2 3 and 4, (po302,po303,po304) I replaced all coils, all spark plugs and also replaced the MAP sensor, I used my buddy's high grade scanner and had a code saying it couldn't connect to PCM, still having delayed starts with the po300, po172 and po175 codes popping up I have had the recall for fuel pump relay done. Any help or suggestions would be great, I plan to take it to a garage to see if they see something I'm missing.
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum.

The code for the P0172 and the P0175 are for a rich condition (too much fuel detected). It could be that the injectors are leaking (I read that they were replaced).

I would try; remove the spark plugs (all of them) and turn the engine over, let it crank for and 15 seconds to see how much fuel is being pushed out of the cylinders. If it clear up after a few seconds of cranking then the problem may be resolved, and your issued was residual from the original cause (the old injectors). If fuel continues to come out of the cylinders, then you still have a fuel injector issue.

RECAP:
Remove the plugs, crank the engine over to clear out the cylinders, clean the spark plug (dry them off), reinstall the spark plug, and restart the engine.

The misfires are probably a result of fuel saturated spark plugs.

A scan tool not being able to connect to the PCM, in most cases, is a bad fuse for the cigarette lighter (12v power adapter), or outdated software in the scan tool.
After the cylinders have been cleaned out, and while you are reinstalling the spark plugs, disconnect the battery to clear the codes until you are ready to restart the Jeep.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts