Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been denied for repairs due to Age and Miles on your Jeep that has the Mopar maximum care lifetime unlimited mile warranty.
Quick over view, When i bought my 2012 GC Unlimited with the 5.7 Hemi i knew looking under the Hood that Way too many things going on under there and decided to get the MAXI Care life time unlimited mile $100 deductible it was around $2300 because i do put a lot of miles on the Jeep, I'm at 225,000 miles now and had this Noise that seemed to be coming from the front passenger side since 2017 and brought it in and they were unable to find any issues and again in 2018 Same thing, Now the Noise came back and scheduled it to be looked at along with the fuel relay "AGAIN", They determined that it was a Motor Mount (Passenger side) and the rear driveshaft. Well One would think it is covered by the warranty for $100 I was told due to the age and miles it would not be covered by the warranty, I let them know about my Unlimited and they said They have been scrutinizing Every repair that is warranted over $200.
I have Absolutely No beef with the dealer as they are in the middle and has been descent with me and the Many repairs in the past. So having to pay for a rental car and Knowing this is going to be a Drawn out Process with FCA I had them order the drive shaft as it would be 3-5 days out and eater way I cant afford another vehicle now. I called Mopar vehicle protection they were the ones Declining the claim. they said they would look into it.
I Want to save a few of you the comment about my High miles, But When you purchase something and it shows covered until 2095 or 999999 Miles and Clearly states All Components Including drive shaft.
When i get an answer or resolution i will reply to this LONG POST or if anyone has had the same issue Please give me some guidance on how to proceed and what not to do. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Overland
1,258 Posts
PM @JeepCares They should be able to help. That's the purpose of the service contract. To cover items in the contract that have failed.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
PM @JeepCares They should be able to help. That's the purpose of the service contract. To cover items in the contract that have failed.
Thank you for tagging us, IAmTodd!

Has anyone been denied for repairs due to Age and Miles on your Jeep that has the Mopar maximum care lifetime unlimited mile warranty.
Quick over view, When i bought my 2012 GC Unlimited with the 5.7 Hemi i knew looking under the Hood that Way too many things going on under there and decided to get the MAXI Care life time unlimited mile $100 deductible it was around $2300 because i do put a lot of miles on the Jeep, I'm at 225,000 miles now and had this Noise that seemed to be coming from the front passenger side since 2017 and brought it in and they were unable to find any issues and again in 2018 Same thing, Now the Noise came back and scheduled it to be looked at along with the fuel relay "AGAIN", They determined that it was a Motor Mount (Passenger side) and the rear driveshaft. Well One would think it is covered by the warranty for $100 I was told due to the age and miles it would not be covered by the warranty, I let them know about my Unlimited and they said They have been scrutinizing Every repair that is warranted over $200.
I have Absolutely No beef with the dealer as they are in the middle and has been descent with me and the Many repairs in the past. So having to pay for a rental car and Knowing this is going to be a Drawn out Process with FCA I had them order the drive shaft as it would be 3-5 days out and eater way I cant afford another vehicle now. I called Mopar vehicle protection they were the ones Declining the claim. they said they would look into it.
I Want to save a few of you the comment about my High miles, But When you purchase something and it shows covered until 2095 or 999999 Miles and Clearly states All Components Including drive shaft.
When i get an answer or resolution i will reply to this LONG POST or if anyone has had the same issue Please give me some guidance on how to proceed and what not to do. Thanks
Hi JMP8562,
We recommend continuing to stay in contact with our Mopar Vehicle Protection team as they handle these service contracts.
Alex
JeepCares

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I think the only out is if the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, they then have to pay you the value of the vehicle and thsat terminates the warranty.. But its been a while since I've read my docs, so YMMV..

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit
72 Posts
If I may add to tomk that cost is also due to repairs done at 1 time. Let say the Jeep with worth $2000.00 if you take it to the shop 6 times a year and each repair is $1000 then its covered but if one repair is worth at or close to the $2000 then like your insurance company they will declare it a total loss.

·
Registered
2012 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JEEP Cares, thanks for the reply and I called them on Friday around 1030 they said they would call me back I called earlier today and they said they would call me back so I will give them until Thursday or Friday to get back to me but I will try again.

Tomkin, You are correct. That is almost exactly what it says. thanks for the reply.

valfam, thank you for the insight, like anything if you see it or someone says something it’s like a lightbulb goes off in your head makes a lot of sense to do it that way. Thank you for the Reply

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit
72 Posts
Its my please JMP8562. I just bought a 2015 Summit from a friend of mine that has the life time Max Care that was transferred to me but it was not easy but today I took the summit to the dealer for the first time under my name lets see how it works out and its only $100 charge. it should be a simple oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
cattle
1,311 Posts
Its my please JMP8562. I just bought a 2015 Summit from a friend of mine that has the life time Max Care that was transferred to me but it was not easy but today I took the summit to the dealer for the first time under my name lets see how it works out and its only $100 charge. it should be a simple oxygen sensor.
It was my understanding that the lifetime maxcare was NOT transferable. How did you get them to transfer it?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi JMP8562,
We recommend continuing to stay in contact with our Mopar Vehicle Protection team as they handle these service contracts.
Alex
JeepCares
Alex will take care of it. I had the delaminating dash which was denied over and over. Once I got into contact with Alex, miracles happen. Thank you again Alex!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Holy crapola, now somewhat glad i didn't buy that Mopar unlimited mileage max warranty.
What the hell good is it if warranty covered type repairs get denied.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi JMP8562,
Alex
JeepCares
Alex/JeepCares helped me with my Mopar back in August airbag light. Keep trying!

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, NC and FL are the two states that you can transfer it. However, there is no discount off the purchase price of MaxCare in those states, either.
X2 on the above message.
My wife and I bought a Dodge Van that had a lifetime warranty on it. The lady that bought it from us when we got our 2016 JGC Overland was able to transfer the warranty.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes, NC and FL are the two states that you can transfer it. However, there is no discount off the purchase price of MaxCare in those states, either.
I know that’s true in FL, but I was able to purchase my Lifetime back in late ‘13 discounted from Bob Cline here in NC.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Holy crapola, now somewhat glad i didn't buy that Mopar unlimited mileage max warranty.
What the hell good is it if warranty covered type repairs get denied.
Lots of happy owners have purchased the Lifetime and saved thousands on repair costs of major components like the air suspension. The language in the contract is pretty clear that if the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, the book value is given to the customer and the Lifetime has ended.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Does anyone know if the value of the vehicle is less than repair do they buy the vehicle? Are there any other options?
What if the vehicle is still worth owning can Lifetime cover some & the owner pay for some.
What happens to the vehicle if Jeep buys it? can the owner buy the vehicle?
Just curious!

·
Registered
742 Posts
According to the contract (and my reply above) if the cost of the repair exceeds the book value of the vehicle, the owner is paid the book value and the contract is canceled. You keep the Jeep!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Lots of happy owners have purchased the Lifetime and saved thousands on repair costs of major components like the air suspension. The language in the contract is pretty clear that if the cost of the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle, the book value is given to the customer and the Lifetime has ended.
Then its not lifetime!
I've got a 75K mile extended warranty with some 3rd party company in addition to my Geico breakdown insurance.
If i'm lucky enough to hit 75K miles i'm gonna dump my GC possibly even before that.
Never was a big fan of the air suspension system just waiting to $break but for now it is what it is.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts