Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,798 Posts
For some reason the right resonator is welded to the whole exhaust system and the left is just bolted to it. If you need the right resonator, you need to purchase the whole exhaust system.

There are two individual catalytic converters and pipes that bolt to the exhaust manifolds. The Cats bolt to the suitcase muffler and the two tail pipes are welded to the suitcase muffler, the right resonator is welded to the right tail pipe and the left resonator is separate and bolts to the left tail pipe.

Organism Font Art Auto part Jewellery

Notice the bolt together flange on the left resonator and no flange on the right resonator.

·
Registered
2015 WK2 Limited
24 Posts
I’m also interested in doing the single to dual conversion on the 15 limited.

But, when I look at the parts catalog and eBay and such there appear to be different part numbers for exhaust (i.e. the suitcase with the dual pipes and passenger side resonator). Below is what I’m referring to:

Part 5147570AD (2012-13): 2011-2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Resonator And Tailpipe Muffler 5147570AD | World Parts Direct

Part 68276648AA (3.6): 68276648AA - Exhaust Muffler And Tailpipe - 2014-2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee | World Mopar Parts

Part 68276653AB (5.7): 68276653AB - Genuine Mopar Exhaust Muffler

What’s the difference? I thought the exhaust for the 5.7 could bolt right on the 3.6 for all WK2s. What am I missing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.