Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They finally put their review up online. It's pretty good and they review the diesel also.

Also seems like dealerships are receiving the 2014 brochures now (picked mine up today).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aiSs-ZIbTQw?list=PL8HILNMicoi5FFRYrneWpyCkPB4B6Nw8G" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

· Registered
1,719 Posts
I loved my 2011 Summit but do love my new 2014 Summit. However, I do miss the flipper glass. Great review.
One of the best parts of the video is where they actually had to demonstrated that the flipper glass button wasn't there anymore. Just made me laugh a little.

· Registered
278 Posts
Did they say the V6 with the 8speed trans is actually faster 0-60 than a 2013 5 speed with a HEMI???

Wow really goes to show how much difference a tranny makes.

· Registered
747 Posts
One of the best parts of the video is where they actually had to demonstrated that the flipper glass button wasn't there anymore. Just made me laugh a little.
Have to give them credit, out of all the reviews out there so far, they are the only ones so far to mention the loss of the flipper glass.

· Registered
376 Posts
They called it a 2x4, LOL. I know some people use that to refer to a 2wd vehicle but even Jeep (and most other manufacturers) list it as a 4x2 on the web site. A 2x4 is a piece of wood.

· Registered
1,719 Posts
Have to give them credit, out of all the reviews out there so far, they are the only ones so far to mention the loss of the flipper glass.
Thats actually a good point. I wonder why they removed that feature anyway?

· Registered
1,719 Posts
They said they did it to increase the size of the rear window to allow for better visibility out back.
Gotcha.. Just reviewed that part again, and unless I am blind, I don't see a difference (with the exception of the small handle underneath the wiper)

· Registered
1,719 Posts
Yeah I agree, I don't see much difference either. I think that was just their excuse to save a few bucks.
That, or there is some sort of leaking problem that would cost more to fix than it would be to eliminate it all together.

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
I had a 13' with the flipper glass and now own a 14' without. There is a pretty good difference in rear visibility without that huge bulge of the 13' glass. I don't miss the flipper at all.....

· Registered
1,719 Posts
I had a 13' with the flipper glass and now own a 14' without. There is a pretty good difference in rear visibility without that huge bulge of the 13' glass. I don't miss the flipper at all.....
Well then, someone who has had both chimes in. Personally, and from the video, it doesn't look like any sort of difference would have been made, but then again, I just have the 13.

Just out of curiosity, is it just the handle that is removed, or is there additional differences?

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,728 Posts
there is also the latch assembly for the glass that was combined in the wiper motor area

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.