Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know from all the stuff that's available in the classified section, I ended up trading in my 2015 High Altitude after about 10,000 miles and a little over a year of ownership. Overall I loved that thing, but I'm not gonna lie I did have some transmission bugs that did play a part of it as well as a couple other minor things. I stumbled upon a deal that I just didn't want to pass up. I made a 3 hour drive to Lagrange IN and changed things up significantly and picked up a slightly used 2016 Cadillac ATS awd premium V6 crystal white tricoat exterior with kona interior. The reason this one caught my attention over your run of the mill ATS was how it was equipped. Whoever bought this one put every possible option and accessory available on it, things I didn't even know you could get on a non V ATS, and ran the msrp up to $62,485!! I paid 35k for it with 3,000 miles. Sucks to be that original owner, but it was originally owned by a retired GM employee so I have a feeling he practically stole it from GM anyway.
The exterior paint, interior, wheels were all added costs, it has the optional suede steering wheel and shifter, front, side, rear, and spoiler exterior package something I have never seen on a ATS is the optional V Sport high performance brake package...it has that. Drive assist package, driver awareness package, cold weather package, etc etc. As you can tell I'm extremely excited on this deal and so far absolutely love this car. Incredible handling, the updated V6 for 2016 has 335hp, and the same 8spd from the V snaps shifts incredibly fast in sport mode. I was a bit nervous going from Uconnect to the Cadillac Cue system, but I think for 2016 they finally have things worked out because so far I love it and apple CarPlay is pretty cool.
As for the Grand Cherokee for those that are curious, I was offered $35,000 for the trade (2015 HA V6 4x4, 9,700 miles, HK audio) and if you add in the tax savings because of the trade it comes out to be about $37,500 which is right in line with private party value so I was fine with that.
Most of my items have already sold in the classifieds so all I have left are the weathertechs with cargo tray and UVS100 sunshade.
Thanks for everything and there is no doubt JG.org is one of the best forums I have been involved with.

Here are my girls checking it out lol

Last picture of my Jeep before I left.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,840 Posts
The Caddy looks great! Good luck with it.

If I may make a prediction ... You'll be back. :)

--

·
Premium Member
Dah! My Jeeps
723 Posts
What they both said 😎

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,701 Posts
You'll be back in less than 6 months....

·
Super Moderator
8,325 Posts
Best wishes to you...and I agree with Scott....you'll get "the itch". LOL

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Looks really really nice. Boy, I dunno if I could switch to a car over an SUV since been driving a GC for so long. Have fun. Looks like you got a bargain so hope that wasn't the main factor in your decision or you'll be back soon to a GC! Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you still have the TAZER ?
Replied to your PM. It has been sold.
Very nice! I love my CTS-V as it's been flawless since new. Wish I could trade gas mileage with the ATS! :)
Nice! Yeah the V is amazing regardless of fuel economy. I would have loved a CTS V or ATS V but newer ones are still too expensive and I wanted awd. Fuel economy and n this 3.6 seems pretty good so far. The revised V6 for 2016 has cylinder deactivation and that start/stop junk which btw I'm getting used to now lol
Nice, but where is the rear hatch?
I dunno

Looks really really nice. Boy, I dunno if I could switch to a car over an SUV since been driving a GC for so long. Have fun. Looks like you got a bargain so hope that wasn't the main factor in your decision or you'll be back soon to a GC! Best wishes.
Yeah for me I never really needed the space or utility of the SUV so that wasn't a factor for me and plus I enjoy cars as well. I have always liked this particular car and when I came across the price in this one and how it was equipped it sealed the deal. That wasn't the only factor of course, this car is a blast to drive.

To the guys that say I'll be back, I will never say never, and I know my track record leans towards it, but I have a feeling if I do come back to Jeep it might be a while. I'll poke my head around here though every once in a while :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry to see you go James. Thanks for all the 'how to's'... LED foglights, overhead console LED conversion, lowering links, LED tail lights and one that I have not done yet, the SRT steering wheel. Enjoy the Caddy.

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see a Caddy mod already. Painting the rear calipers to match the front. :D:D
Funny you mention that, and good eye. That is absolutely a mod I will be doing, infact I'm gonna do it within the next few days. So it turns out in 2016 they offered the "V Sport high performance brake package", which consists of red brembo front calipers, slotted rotors all around as well as different pads. Apparently it's extremely uncommon to see a regular ATS with this package. Anyhow, since the rear calipers are not anything fancy I guess they just leave them unpainted. I personally want it consistent so I'll be painting them to match.

Nice! Did you realize how dated the GC's interior is after being in the caddy?
Yes and no. I always was a fan of the Grand Cherokee interior, but yeah in a way this is definitely a little more modern. I have really grown to enjoy this Cue system and even the touch panels everywhere which is something I normally do not like. It works very well. The same might not have been said on the earlier ATS models which I guess have a slower Cue system that doesn't work as well. As for the other options I have found the adaptive cruise works better in the Cadillac than it did in my Jeep. It won't track a car ahead that has moved over into a turn lane which is great! My grand cherokee would contribute to slow behind a car that wasn't even in my lane anymore. The rain sense wipers and auto High beams work flawlessly. The Bose stereo is decent, but definitely not as good as the HK system is in my Jeep. Maybe that's to be expected in a significantly smaller vehicle I dunno. Sounds good though. I'm still getting used to start/stop feature and have already learned to accept it and it's actually kinda neat sitting at a light with a dead smooth and silent vehicle. Reminds me of being in an electric car. Seems to work exactly the same as the 2016 Grand Cherokee I have test driven. No better no worse. The leather and overall interior quality seem to be a notch above the Grand Cherokee. Very tight, no rattles yet, and the leather is extremely soft. Not sure what it is but I love it. The 8spd works great and when in sport mode or moderate throttle inputs in regular mode this tranny shifts gears extremely fast and for a V6 this thing sounds great.

I noticed the dealer has my 2015 HA up on his website now. He has it listed at like $38,450. Actually a little lower than I would have thought, but I guess that's probably in line with retail on it now.

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
thought you be more into ats-v
Well yeah for atleast 15k more and it's rwd only and I needed awd. As much as I like the V series car, I only want one vehicle that does it all and rwd won't cut it for me in the winter months. At 335hp and fairly light it's still no slouch.
Remember, I'm coming from a V6 Grand Cherokee..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts