Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
I just got the rears fixed...thanks to the red site guy([email protected]) and raymond(my ole buddy in OZ!) Rides even better now and no bounciness in the rear. man this thing handles incredible now!

·
Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,440 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
nice camber on the front wheels. :)
dude.....you dont know what your talking about---so stay out of my threads....PLEASE! this is your last warning----

Everyone here knows i'm a nice guy and will do anything to help anybody....but if youre justy gonna make stupid comments...STAY IN THE PO HO THREAD!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
GUYS......my wife has no idea I had these put in and its been like 2-3 weeks. She has driven it once and rode in it countless times. She hasnt mentioned a thing. Remember.....she drives an 08 Lexus that rides like a dream and handles like its on rails....so the Bwoodys cant be that bad.....

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
Again nicely done Scott... 10's. I don't think I could do that driving it as an everyday car in NY. I've gone over potholes I could fit into. Roads are BAD here, esp in NYC, Brooklyn, Queens... In the summer when it hits 90 degrees the roads buckling all ofer the place. And I don't trust myself to be that cautious of a drive to stay alert to road hazards like that. LOL Esp now that I have a jeep.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
lol...these springs came from NY. he took them out becasue of the roads.....

·
This Ain't No Mixtape
1,545 Posts
Can anyone direct me to a link with someone running these springs with 22's. I really want to get a set, But after looking at Scott's I don't think my wheels will fit. they really slam the rear end.

·
Jeep Garage's hunky Australian co-founder
9,365 Posts
wow...thanks benny.....LOL. Its not that bad...and not much lower than yours....
LOL...... sorry if that sounded a bit harsh mate! :D

I just want people to know there is an inherent lack of up travel in the front of a WK. The rear is no problem and can hande big drops once the bump stops are modded without issue.

But lets talk about the front end, while the droop travel in the front of a WK is excellent, the bump (up travel used when lowering) is VERY limited, and there is nothing that can be done to avoid crashing through to the bump stops on larger bumps or even medium size high speed dips/crests.

You right that it's not much lower than mine with the super-low Kings springs in it, and highlights the fact, that for my roads, I've removed the lowered spring and gone back to standard, and I'm much much happier.

This is not to say I wont at some point swap back to the lowered set, but my mind wants a smooth ride right now and I was totally sick of the crash-through of the lower set.

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Can anyone direct me to a link with someone running these springs with 22's. I really want to get a set, But after looking at Scott's I don't think my wheels will fit. they really slam the rear end.
travisl23 has them on stock shocks and struts with 22's! its sick!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
LOL...... sorry if that sounded a bit harsh mate! :D

I just want people to know there is an inherent lack of up travel in the front of a WK. The rear is no problem and can hande big drops once the bump stops are modded without issue.

But lets talk about the front end, while the droop travel in the front of a WK is excellent, the bump (up travel used when lowering) is VERY limited, and there is nothing that can be done to avoid crashing through to the bump stops on larger bumps or even medium size high speed dips/crests.

You right that it's not much lower than mine with the super-low Kings springs in it, and highlights the fact, that for my roads, I've removed the lowered spring and gone back to standard, and I'm much much happier.

This is not to say I wont at some point swap back to the lowered set, but my mind wants a smooth ride right now and I was totally sick of the crash-through of the lower set.

I luve u mr tenderheart---I know you werent tryin to be harsh

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
is that aussie for mate? No sorry....I like bigger guys like Nate!

·
Premium Member
mostly my other ZJs
439 Posts
Sweet Ride Scotty, is the tire size stock SRT8 ? (255/45/20 fronts)
i want to try 275/45/20 all around with stock shocks and H&R springs on my 07 Wk, I see some problems with Bwoodies (may be Eibecks? I'll have to look it up again) in this forum with poor bump stops, any problems with front tire rub on full lock? OOPS looks like I missed a few pages of this thread Ill do that now...OK so I looks like I have some answers... I can lower the back with 1,7" lower H&R or Bwoodies and cut the bump stops and use stock shocks and sway bars for now and leave the front stock, to be sure of clearance on tires I want to use ( Yoka Prada Spec, 275/45/20 on my new black repo SRT Wheels 9" ) with next mod swap sway bars followed by shock as funds permit.
what about handling balance with stock front and lowered rear springs only?

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Ive never experienced any rubbing etc. The handling could be affected with the rears only
Have you looked into the 2nd version by roadmagnet? it drops the wk 2" and 2.3" according to the reports Ive seen.

·
9,365 Posts
I'm seriously thinkin of pulling the trigger an the entire setup Scotty. Springs, shocks, sways.
I can sell my current WK bilsteins and Kings lowered springs too I guess :)

I paid out the lease (will keep if for at least a year I think), so she deserves a little love :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
look into the second version of raodmagnets Benny....not such a serious drop aas the bwoody version

·
9,365 Posts
No mate, I want it on it's guts. lol

I haven't been to the beach in over a year, and if I do get there, more throttle will see us through :D

As you know, I was jabbering on about a big lift/armour/muddies etc, but Timmy talked me out of it, said I'd hate turnin my daily into a rough noisy pig. He's right, street FTW!

I'm thinking some fresh wheels, an extreme drop, and some other bits n pieces :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
sounds AWESOME to me BENNO! Go for it

61 - 80 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.