Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

My 2012 Overland SRT Hybrid

27288 Views 96 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  wentz

Hey guys, I just wanted to show off my completed project. This was my attempt to combine all my favorite visual items from both an Overland and an SRT-8. It's been a long road getting everything the way I wanted but in the end i'm pretty happy with the results. Being there are so many of us Jeep owners on the road I finally feel like I made the car my own and could stand apart from the rest of the lineup. First off i'd like to thank Chad from Black Ops for working with me on the body kit. I wont comment too much on the preparation or the installation process of the bumpers because mine will most likely be alot different then yours if you order a kit. Chad and I were in communication throughout the whole process and he has been adjusting and perfecting the kit for a more streamline install. Its hard to tell from the pictures but the exhaust tips are beasts and look great in person, the chrome stands out a lot more than the black OEM tips.

Other mods on the car include

Taillight Solutions rear fog kit
Sharkfin antenna
LED License plate bulb replacement
Replica SRT 20in rims
De-badged rear and finished off with SRT Design badge

I know there is a lot going on here, and its sort of mixing "looks" but overall I think it all works for my tastes. I'm not trying to be a poser by turning the car in to an SRT-8 and to be honest I think only die hard jeep fans would even notice a difference, but I love the SRT design and being the price went up so much since I owned my WK SRT-8 I thought I'd work with what I have.
Any way I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)

Here is a night shot before I changed from stock rims

and one from the back to show the tail light solutions kit

and the badging

See less See more
41 - 60 of 97 Posts
Do you like the letters better than the chrome side molding?
I have a brilliant black WK2 Overland and I have the letters but I can't bring myself to make the switch. I'm afraid I won't like the change.
Did you buy the front and rear bumpers already painted or had them painted after you received them?
I was going back and forth with the idea too, but at the end of the day i'm glad I did it, really cleans up the look. I felt like there was too much going on with all the other chrome accents, so removing the side moldings helped out.
The bumpers come raw and had to be sanded and painted.
Thanks for the response. I like your mods and the letters look good too.
Wow! Nice work, turned out really well.. I like the lettering on the side, its also a good combo of the black/chrome mix. The only thing to really set it off, tint the windows and maybe tails.

Looks good tho, congrats!
I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the look minus the steps and badge (as others have said) but nice job! :thumbsup:
I have to say I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY love this!!! I have a question I'd you don't mind me asking? How much did all of the SRT accessories cost on the jeep? I am really considering it haha! :) thanks,

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
I have to say I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY love this!!! I have a question I'd you don't mind me asking? How much did all of the SRT accessories cost on the jeep? I am really considering it haha! :) thanks,

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks for the nice comment. I'm not sure what the current price for the bumper package is, so I would talk to Chad at Black Ops about that, but I think I paid around $2,500 shipped for the bumpers, lights, and tips. I've listed all the mods I did in the first post so you can search for current pricing. All together though including paint and install I think I ended up spending around 5 grand. Now after seeing the new 2014 summit it almost reminds me of that.
thats a really sick pic! good shit man... you should put that up for jotm in feb.
Thanks Chad, still loving it, thanks again for the great product. Jeep fans definitely do a double take when they see it. Someone thought it was a 2014 model the other day.
Im gunna side with the OP and say i like the side steps. Great looking ride man! Nice job and thanks for sharing the pics!
I like your look.

I'm interested in the front bumper......first because i've never had a vehicle with a front license plate and this jeep I bought the bastards already pre drilled one in.....

Soo...I'm pretty handy and can easily take off the front bumper. What was needed to make the factory LED lights and fogs work that are on the SRT8 front bumper? Is it just an easy swap?

Thanks. I've found a source for decent repo 20x9 or 20x10 SRT8 rims. In your pictures are those the factory tires you are running? If so are those the 20x9 rims?

Thanks!
I really like this conversion....very well done and thought out. The running boards aren't bad but its not my style...it goes with your overland / SRT hybrid approach though. The SRT badge looks really cool....I wouldn't worry about the "poser" thing since the content says all. Honestly the SRT badge on the SRT8 is one of my favorite accents (lol)....crazy but true.

This conversion looks amazing.....I'm really considering making the change myself! I have 22" SRT reps lowered on eibachs and I think it would look nice.

Anyway thanks for the write up !
Looks good! Love the night time pic!
Thanks for the comments guys!

@FFBOS the body kit is available from Chad at Blackops, none of those parts came from the factory because they would not fit on my overland, but everything is factory quality. Installation will be much easier on a Laredo then it was on my overland, so i'm not sure which model you have. The tires are factory tires though with 20x8.5 rep wheels.

@etennyson this kit would look awesome on your current setup. Now I wish I had a white one so I could of done an Alpine conversion.

Here's another pic just for fun :D

See less See more
I have an overland, what made the install difficult?

Are the wiring connections for the fogs and led strips plug and play?

I have no problem removing the trim and bumper, I've done it before.
If you have the trailer hitch you will need to get a rear reinforcement bar without the hitch welded to it, or you will need to cut the back bumper to fit the hitch. A small part had to be modded on the front bar as well. I also had to get new housings for the rear backup sensors and I think an extra wiring harness was needed. I had a body shop do most the work sanding and paint so its hard for me to give specific details about the install. I would talk to Chad at Blackops if you want more info he might of updated the kit since I placed my order last year.

I have an overland, what made the install difficult?

Are the wiring connections for the fogs and led strips plug and play?

I have no problem removing the trim and bumper, I've done it before.
Ok thanks. I was only looking to do the front bumper.
How do you guys feel about the Summit grille on my setup, i've been thinking about changing it to the altitude grille and painting the rear brow body color but leaving the jeep logo chrome, any thoughts about the grille swap?
41 - 60 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.