Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the exterior thread, also wanted to share for anyone interested here.

Long story short, love the altitudes looks, hate they don't have all of the great features unless you go high altitude which I can't afford. Love the overlands, hate how they don't come blacked out. So, I discover plastic-dip, and after a few mess-ups, finally got it good. 40 Bucks later, and here is finished product. I decided to leave some chrome as the tow hooks were chrome (and body colored handles and mirrors cost a fortune), and i feel like I've found a good balance, without it looking like every other altitude out there.

Black Plastidip mods: (all have at least 6 coats, emblems have additional two coats of glossifier, wheels have 1 additional coat of graphite metalizer)

-Lower bumper Valance
-I swapped out black honeycomb grill for a chrome one, and plastidipped the trim rings
-Jeep front and rear emblems, side grand cherokee emblems, also 4x4 emblem
- wheels
-taillights bezels

i know SEM and vinyl wrap are better, but for 40 bucks, not having to sand etc., i think it looks amazing, and does not look in any way cheap! Plus I can't just peel it off if i ever want to go back to the factory look! Hope you guys like. Ask any questions and ill be more than happy to answer!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 GC HA
689 Posts
That looks really good. Well done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks great! Did you remove the taillight bezels, emblems, grill rings, and valance to apply plastidip or did you leave them in? Sorry, never used this product before!

Also, where did you get the grill? Almost looks like the "platinum" one on altitudes which looks great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts