Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
grand cherokee
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys new to jeepgarage.I purchased a brand new 2017 Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited with the chrome package. I couldnt really stand the chrome but I got a really good price for the a brand new Cherokee. Blackout pretty close to complete. Let me know what you guys think.

CHANGES
-vynil wrapped most chrome pieces
-Painted front grill
-Removed all badges except for hood and rear Jeep
-Powder coated rims in Satin Black
-Painted Callipers
-Vynil Wrapped interior trim in Black as I hated the beige trim
-Mopar pedal kit
-Smoked Tail/head lights
-Tinted two front windows to match the rest

THINGS I WANT TO DO NEXT
-Single to dual exhaust as the limited comes with a single exhaust but I'm worried about voiding my warranty.

-Side steps

-Maybe Mopar lowering springs

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just out of curiosity.....why do you blur your license plate ??? I mean...its clearly visible when you're out driving around ????

·
Registered
grand cherokee
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because I’m wanted.. no honestly man I have no clue as I don’t usually post on forums and when I edited the picture I saw the option.. didn’t really think about it.. ya it does seem kind of dumb when you think about it..

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
119 Posts
Look great. Also interested to known if you wrapped the chrome parts yourself. I'm planning on doing the same, but leaving just a few chrome parts.

·
Registered
grand cherokee
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I got everything done professionally.. They wrapped the lower Grille, The fog light bezel, window trim and roof rack, the grill rings were blasted and painted.. I got it all done by wraptors Inc. They also powder coated my rims..

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Just out of curiosity.....why do you blur your license plate ??? I mean...its clearly visible when you're out driving around ????
I thought he blacked out his license plate numbers in real life! :D

·
Registered
2017 JKU Winter Edit
52 Posts
Because I’m wanted.. no honestly man I have no clue as I don’t usually post on forums and when I edited the picture I saw the option.. didn’t really think about it.. ya it does seem kind of dumb when you think about it..
Not dumb, depending on the state it can be really easy to find out the owner and address of the vehicle. Texas is one example where it is easy to get information online.
I do similar when posting pictures of my vehicles online, I've encountered too many crazies online that get butthurt sometimes - I'm not going to leave an easy trail for them to find out where I live. Not saying that it's like that here on jeep garage, but other forums I've certainly seen guys posting who threatened people due to a disagreement.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
4,400 Posts
Don't give out personal information over the internet, any more than absolutely necessary. Although not likely, there are scammers that could try all sorts of weird things, like get the vehicle retitled in their own name, etc, etc....

Not to mention, you get into a flame war with some a$$hole on the interwebs, they could call you're local cops and make a complaint saying they witnessed you break all sorts of laws on the road......

Yea, what are chances? Not likely at all, but if its a matter of opening photoshop for 5 sec and blurring out the Tag Number on the vehicle, I do it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't give out personal information over the internet, any more than absolutely necessary. Although not likely, there are scammers that could try all sorts of weird things, like get the vehicle retitled in their own name, etc, etc....

Not to mention, you get into a flame war with some a$$hole on the interwebs, they could call you're local cops and make a complaint saying they witnessed you break all sorts of laws on the road......

Yea, what are chances? Not likely at all, but if its a matter of opening photoshop for 5 sec and blurring out the Tag Number on the vehicle, I do it.
I guess....lol. My attorney would have a field day on the "someone saw you break a law" thing lol. I would actually dare someone to do that to me lol.

I guess those that do blur out their plates don't live by or near those "weirdos"???

I just think it's funny to do that. We live in a world where, yes those things happen, but they are easily stopped during the process.

For instance, the re-title thing...in NJ, there is a 30 day hold. Which is there to prevent events like that. As well as check for liens or what have you. Also, you would need 6 forms of identifaction.

Now, for other reasons.....I do have something similar installed on a few of my vehicles!!!!!

https://squareup.com/store/12voltvillains

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
... don't give out more info than needed. LOL

Seriously though, don't forget the meta data in the photos. And some car thieves have a shopping list of specific cars to steal and your's could catch someone's eye. Ya never know. With all the internet based scams in the world be sensible since they are creative.

Reactions: jsoul

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you anymore info on the tint used for the headlights and/or a before and after? I'm looking at tinting my headlights but I only want them slightly done, kind of to resemble the darkness of trailhawk headlights.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts