Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the infamous rear brake squeak we normally get with these jeep SRT8s was driving me nuts.
I needed front brakes already so I went ahead and ordered new R1 Premium Rotors (drilled and slotted). I also went with the rear pads that have been reported to work the best to fix the rear brake squeak, those pads are for a '06 CTS-V which also use similar Brembo rear set up, the pads are a direct fit for our jeeps. For the front pads I stayed with the OEM Brembos as I didn't have any squeaking from the front and I didn't want to loose the stopping power I currently had.

Here's a few pictures from today's install... (6/25/09).

These are the pads I used: Front OEM Pads and rear Akebono '06 CTS-V pads.

Old...

New...

Old...

New...

· Registered
14,614 Posts
All I can say is WOW!!! Congrats my friend...

· Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can say is WOW!!! Congrats my friend...
Thanks Nate!
I'm sure you remember how bad they squeaked that day we met at Houlihans, that night they were squeaking pretty bad.

very nice Mario!
Thanks Scott!
Now all I have to do next is to swap the calipers for the '08 - '09 red ones, I got to find someone in my neck of the woods that would like to swap for my black ones. And I also want to get the steel braided brake lines.

· Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rob!
I'm sure they do, they have the same style premium drilled and slotted rotors for the WJ also, so I'm guessing they have for the WKs as well.
My dad was just here and he loved the way they look, now he want me to order him a set for his 4Runner lol.
I'm surprised none of you guys have asked Steven from R1 to be a member here. Give him a call, he's a nice guy to talk to.

Here's his contact info...
R1 Concepts Inc.
www.r1concepts.com
888-712-6623 ext. 7006
[email protected]

· Long Live the Grey Ghosts
9,104 Posts
Thanks Rob!
I'm sure they do, they have the same style premium drilled and slotted rotors for the WJ also, so I'm guessing they have for the WKs as well.
My dad was just here and he loved the way they look, now he want me to order him a set for his 4Runner lol.
I'm surprised none of you guys have asked Steven from R1 to be a member here. Give him a call, he's a nice guy to talk to.

Here's his contact info...
R1 Concepts Inc.
www.r1concepts.com
888-712-6623 ext. 7006
[email protected]
I went to their website. For the WK, they only show 05-6. So i sent an email asking about other MY. I also mentioned to him that we have a NICE NEW Website with many Jeeps. And asked if they were interested in becoming a vendor. For FREE!

We'll see what he says.....

· Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I went to their website. For the WK, they only show 05-6. So i sent an email asking about other MY. I also mentioned to him that we have a NICE NEW Website with many Jeeps. And asked if they were interested in becoming a vendor. For FREE!

We'll see what he says.....
He needs to update that site to show the correct year, but if you call him he'll tell you exactly what goes with your WK's year.
I'm sure he'll be here soon.

Good work Mario,they look awesome on your rig!
Looks great Mario! :thumbsup:
Thanks guys! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm thinking of ordering some now for my WJ! Thanks Mario for the site and info. DO they work good on you WJ? Any squeaks or any kind of noise?
No I haven' order them for my WJ yet, but next time I need brakes, those will be the ones I'll be getting.
And the pads I would get to go with the R1 Premium drilled and slotted rotors for the WJ would be the Hawk LTS Truck/SUV Pads. Just my personal taste :).
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...utoYear=2003&autoModClar=With+TPMS&perfCode=S

· Registered
74 Posts
Mario you'll love them. I'd had mine on for about 5000 miles with with the Hawk HPS pads and they work great and have been quiet. Plus they look great.

Tom.

· Registered
2008 Jeep SRT8
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice setup Mario!!!!!!

BTW, I sent ya a PM
Thank Ed!
Got it, and I was replying to it when my PC crashed after I had half about 10 minutes into it. I'm on the lap top now, so this one i cool :).

I saw these brakes today. OMFG, what a work of art. Oh and BTW- those brake pads were bedded very well. :D :lol:
No... my gas pedal was worked out very well (thanks Irf) :lol:, the brakes were not hit hard at all. But tomorrow I'll have those brakes nicely worked out :D.

Mario you'll love them. I'd had mine on for about 5000 miles with with the Hawk HPS pads and they work great and have been quiet. Plus they look great.

Tom.
Thanks Tom! I already love them... lol
Nice to hear those positive stories about them and yes they definitely look great.

Can you say I'm getting my stopping power ready for the new TCM tune you guys have...??? LOL :D

· Registered
74 Posts
Just say when Mario.:D

Tom.

Thank Ed!
Got it, and I was replying to it when my PC crashed after I had half about 10 minutes into it. I'm on the lap top now, so this one i cool :).

No... my gas pedal was worked out very well (thanks Irf) :lol:, the brakes were not hit hard at all. But tomorrow I'll have those brakes nicely worked out :D.

Thanks Tom! I already love them... lol
Nice to hear those positive stories about them and yes they definitely look great.

Can you say I'm getting my stopping power ready for the new TCM tune you guys have...??? LOL :D

· Registered
1,572 Posts
Looks amazing Mario!!! I'm happy that it fixed the squeaking, and improved the looks like that...I do agree tho...some nice 09 Red Brembo's would look crazy good tho!! :D You know how I am about red...LOL!

· RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,222 Posts
Guys all i can say is that these Rotors look SICK!!!! mario stopped by last night and wow those look bad ass!!! when i got the honor of driving the sick truck let me tell you those rotors don't make any noise and stop you QUICK!!!!! ahhh mario lets swap jeeps for a month!!!! we'll swap payments too!!!! LOL

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.