Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mostly high marks for this GEN 2 system that i have had installed for about 1000 miles on my 2015. The customer service and tech support are excellent. The quality of the product, seemingly, is on point.

The power upgrade is good.. although the system came a bit short of 5lbs of boost at just 4.6 lbs .. making it very conservative. I cant help but wonder what the smaller pulley would feel like. The numbers advertised on the website use a smaller pulley to creative 6-7 lbs of boost, and a considerably larger power gain which is a bit a misleading...

Speaking to tech they do not recommend 6-7 lbs (so why demo it that way?) Even though the Procharger sytem runs at that level (6-7 lbs) and according to their sources, very safely....

thoughts?

Also, anyone with this system, do you get a vibration and faint rattle when the air conditioner is engaged? Its very subtle until you become aware of it, you can also feel the vibration in the floor board and brake pedal. Its has become an annoyance that the tech dept hasnt been able to give me answers to. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
You could do a smaller blower pulley or larger crank pulley if you wanted to increase boost but some applications have slipping issues so if you go too small on the blower pulley there might be issues. I don't see anything wrong with running 6-8lbs on a NA motor but it's really about the motor and what it can take. My F150 5.4L (roots blower) could run to about 10psi safely before you needed to protect the internals. When it comes to centrifugal units you aren't getting all that boost at once so I would say it's safe but RIPP doesn't want you to blame them for any damage, understandably, so of course they won't recommend it. Additionally boost can vary depending on altitude. Higher altitude reduces "boost" so 8spi at sea level is around 6psi at 6K ft elevation, that's what happened to me.

I wouldn't know about your rattling but when you add more pulleys, longer serpentine belts, etc it puts extra stress on the system so I could see that being somewhat normal when everything is working at once. My question is why didn't you go with a Procharger or better yet a Whipple kit ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts