Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Subaru WRX Sti coming in September/October.......

Totally a fun AWD track toy, that could be used in the summer track days (while instructing) or on winter snowdrift/rally event.....

leaving big brother SRT for the mundane or towing duties.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
Good luck with it

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8
382 Posts
2014 Subaru WRX Sti coming in September/October.......

Totally a fun AWD track toy, that could be used in the summer track days (while instructing) or on winter snowdrift/rally event.....

leaving big brother SRT for the mundane or towing duties.....:thumbsup:
Mundane or towing duties? Talk about bringing the hammer to cut an apple. Your call I guess...

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scott!

Gnasty, with all due respect, my SRT has "hammered" more tracks in 18 months than 99% of any SRTs will ever see in their life time....... here are some examples......

https://vimeo.com/40117585
https://vimeo.com/40382435

It is now time for me to baby it, thus spirited everyday driving and towing my racecar in style to various tracks....:thumbsup:

As an aside, one time while coming back home from a race someone asked me while I was fueling the SRT "Which one is faster the race car or the tow vehicle?" I was a bit surprised and said "it depends, one is faster in the corners the other in the straights".:lol:

Have a great day guys......

·
Registered
11' OVERLAND HEMI
558 Posts
Excellent choice!!! Here is a picture of my track beast. I travel all over the country for track events maybe I'll see you at one... you can give me a few pointers! When you get the chance post up some pics of the new beast.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent choice!!! Here is a picture of my track beast. I travel all over the country for track events maybe I'll see you at one... you can give me a few pointers! When you get the chance post up some pics of the new beast.
More gas, less brake......:D

In a couple of weeks will be racing at Thunderbolt in NJ then instructing at Lime Rock in September and Watkins Glen in October.....

I can't believe the power that your evo generates, congrats!

If Scott allows it, I will post pics of the STi after picking it up......

See you around......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8
382 Posts
Gnasty, with all due respect, my SRT has "hammered" more tracks in 18 months than 99% of any SRTs will ever see in their life time....... here are some examples......

https://vimeo.com/40117585
https://vimeo.com/40382435

It is now time for me to baby it, thus spirited everyday driving and towing my racecar in style to various tracks....:thumbsup:
Well, I take it back then. STi is a fine choice. I can't be the only person on this forum who wanted to say something right... Oh well. Congrats.

I will say that while I plan to take mine to the Nurburgring, the occasional "flat out" on the unrestricted parts of the Autobahn is very fun. I don't have the guts or the experience *currently* to pass cars like you were on the track. Great driving!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RecDog, i was in track mode, traction control completely off (hold button in for 5 sec. while in track mode) and paddle shifting......

Give it a try......Loads of fun.....

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's my DD'er...love it!...Putting 300 HP to the wheels helps though

What color?
Beautiful!

I ordered an ice silver hatch.
I love the WRB, but since I am not a spring chicken anymore, I went with a more sedate color that also would not catch my patient's eye in the parking lot.....;)

Any mods on yours?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Beautiful!

I ordered an ice silver hatch.
I love the WRB, but since I am not a spring chicken anymore, I went with a more sedate color that also would not catch my patient's eye in the parking lot.....;)

Any mods on yours?
My agreement with my wife was to get blue instead of gray.

A few mods..

850cc DW Injectors
DW65c Fuel Pump
EFI Logics custom fuel rails
GrimmSpeed PnP Headers with Hi-flow crosspipe and Up-pipe
P&L Downpipe
P&L Catback Exhaust
GrimmSpeed EBCS
Cobb Accessport with EFI Logics Protune (300 WHP and 331 TQ..the dyno is a heartbreaker)
Invisible Film Rear bumper protection - Decided the Subaru plastic one was not fitting for an STi
Cobb Short Throw Shifter
Perrin Crank Pulley
Whiteline Rear Diff and subrame Bushing Inserts
Kartboy Shifter Bushings
Perrin Engine Mounts
Group-N Trans Mount
Painted taillights (no more horrible clear)

Some Dyno action
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200812675293476" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My agreement with my wife was to get blue instead of gray.

A few mods..

850cc DW Injectors
DW65c Fuel Pump
EFI Logics custom fuel rails
GrimmSpeed PnP Headers with Hi-flow crosspipe and Up-pipe
P&L Downpipe
P&L Catback Exhaust
GrimmSpeed EBCS
Cobb Accessport with EFI Logics Protune (300 WHP and 331 TQ..the dyno is a heartbreaker)
Invisible Film Rear bumper protection - Decided the Subaru plastic one was not fitting for an STi
Cobb Short Throw Shifter
Perrin Crank Pulley
Whiteline Rear Diff and subrame Bushing Inserts
Kartboy Shifter Bushings
Perrin Engine Mounts
Group-N Trans Mount
Painted taillights (no more horrible clear)

Some Dyno action
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10200812675293476" width="1280" height="720" frameborder="0"
Holy cow......:)

I am going to have to get in touch with you for advice then......:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.