Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid to extend my warranty another three years ('18 Trailhawk 29K miles) at the last minute, now glad I did.
The dealer found a pinhole leak in the radiator (no sign of leakage on my garage floor). They will replace the radiator under warranty. It's been great otherwise. Hope that's it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,865 Posts
I paid to extend my warranty another three years ('18 Trailhawk 29K miles) at the last minute, now glad I did.
The dealer found a pinhole leak in the radiator (no sign of leakage on my garage floor). They will replace the radiator under warranty. It's been great otherwise. Hope that's it.
Did you see where it was actually leaking from?

---

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you see where it was actually leaking from?

---
Yes, they pointed it out. On the side at the top, driver's side, visible without removing anything. The area wasn't wet but kind of a corrosive rust coolant color has stained that area.

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
239 Posts
I'm on my second radiator as well. It was leaking near the crimp on the upper driver side corner. FWIW: my 2014 was on its third radiator when I traded it. None of the radiators ever really dripped coolant on the driveway, just built up purple chalk on the radiator and side of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Great! Now i've got to check my radiator or wait until it starts leaking.:confused:

·
Registered
2018 Trailhawk
239 Posts
Great! Now i've got to check my radiator or wait until it starts leaking.:confused:
I could smell the leak, long before it was visible. This mopar antifreeze has a pretty distinctive smell, to my nose anyway.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on my second radiator as well. It was leaking near the crimp on the upper driver side corner. FWIW: my 2014 was on its third radiator when I traded it. None of the radiators ever really dripped coolant on the driveway, just built up purple chalk on the radiator and side of the engine compartment.
Yes, a greenish, purple-ish chalk. Better description than mine.

·
Premium Member
2017 Summit
8,865 Posts
Yes, they pointed it out. On the side at the top, driver's side, visible without removing anything. The area wasn't wet but kind of a corrosive rust coolant color has stained that area.
Thanks.

Good they caught it before it got worse.

---

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup, my 2018 Trailhead V6 is on its second radiator. First one replaced at 24,000 miles and the second one at 35,000 miles. Both times I could smell the coolant. The level was lower both times but not horribly low. Both times the leak was near the top hose connection on the driver's side. I did notice some pinkish purple dried stuff near the hose and kinda dropped down. Dealer told me it's kind of common and Chrysler radiators aren't the best. Also told me that the JK wranglers would eat them and basically needed a new one every 30,000 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts