Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
My VIN number input into the Moparowner site/recall section states: Parts are available.

Anyway, S55 was completed on mine yesterday (they also did another owners KL as well). As Mopar says, parts are available but highly unlikely (or unlucky) that you will need replacement of the harness.

Here is the TSB. Scroll down to the SPECIAL NOTE on page 3.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/Misc/Cherokee/KL_TSB/KL_RC_S55_16.pdf

ETA: The TSB says parts not available but it's dated Oct.

Glad that your Limited is going great Marty. Mine is fantastic as well. I think after two years I was expecting at least a little rattle or a creaking but she's as quiet and tight as the day I picked her up which was today 2 years ago. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi SJandL, thanks for the S55 info. I've printed it and will take it with me when the KL goes in for Service tomorrow. With only 5% of vehicles affected, you gotta be pretty unlucky to have to require a complete harness replacement.

No rattles, creaking or squeaks on our KL either, but she has lost that new car smell now :p

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Had our 2015 KL (V6 petrol) in for the scheduled 18 months / 36,000km Service today. Cost = A$388.

No dramas with the service, and they connected the Starcan Diagnostic Tool to scan for faults; none found. So the S55 recall doesn't affect our vehicle.

Tonight I was thinking about a Map Update for our KL. The current version in our car is 2013-Q2. After a little bit of research, it appears that no further Map Updates are available for the (Aussie) KL yet. Is this really the case, or does anyone have any news on Map Updates for our KLs?

Cheers,

Marty

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Good news re: S55 recall.

Regards map updates - heard that April is a possible release for an update. (don't hold me to that though :D)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
12 December 2016 and our KL Limited is now 2 years old, and 26,000km.

Still no issues or concerns; not even a rattle or squeak, and it continues to drive beautifully.

I'll continue to keep her clean & tidy too, as she will make a good trade-in for a new generation Grand Cherokee in 2018 :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
After two and a half years of truly enjoyable and trouble-free motoring, our Cherokee is in for repairs. Not mechanical repairs, but for cosmetic repairs.

We were in a fender-bender last week. All occupants are fine, and the damage doesn't look that bad, but we were impacted directly on the front right hand tyre, so not sure if there is any suspension damage at the moment.

The car has been towed for assessment and we should know next week sometime as to the extent of the damage. If we have to get parts in from the USA, it will be interesting to see how long that takes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Here are the costs of repairs for our Fender Bender (in Australia):

: The Labour for Repairs is $4,000.00
: The Genuine "Jeep" (suspension) Parts is $11,000.00
: The Total Cost of Repair is $15,000.00

We should receive our car from the repairer on 16 June 17; ..... in 5 Weeks. Got to wait for parts to be shipped in from the USA.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Ouch! What a bugger Marty. Glad everyone's ok though. Hope the 5 weeks goes quickly for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good news re: S55 recall.

Regards map updates - heard that April is a possible release for an update. (don't hold me to that though :D)
Hi
36000km service this week, key request MAP UPDATES, answer none available.

I would think this is a relatively small thing for FCA to arrange (3rd party does the work). it's a pity we existing owners aren't important enough to warrant FCA's attention.

We did get the UConnect update done.... small mercy!!!

One has to wonder if FCA ever look at this forum to see what its customers gripes are?

Regards

Grahame

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
One has to wonder if FCA ever look at this forum to see what its customers gripes are?

Regards

Grahame
G'Day Grahame,

I have noticed that there is a JeepGarage Member by the Handle of "JeepCares" with the Jeep / Mopar Logo that has been posting on the USA Grand Cherokee threads, often suggesting that owners contact them (JeepCares) if they are not happy with Servicing or Customer Service in general.

Not sure about Jeep "Down Under" though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'm soooo impressed.
Despite having to wait for suspension parts from the USA, our Cherokee was delivered 2 weeks ahead of schedule, in pristine condition.
I must admit that I was dreading dealing with the Car Repairer, but really, it was a very painless process. The weekly updates from the Repairer were welcomed and they were nothing but helpful and supportive throughout the whole process.
She continues to drive beautifully, and looks like new. Thank you SmashCare, Wantirna, VIC. :thumbsup:
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I'm still here :)

FYI - Our 2015 Limited is now 3 years old with 39,000km and continues to drive very well; couldn't be happier.

It has finally lost its New Car Smell, but there are no squeaks, rattles or any issues to report.

I hope that you are all experiencing great drives with your Cherokees too.

PS: I like the look of the new front of the upcoming 2018 model :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Marty

·
Registered
2019 JEEP CHEROKEE
469 Posts
I'm still here :)

FYI - Our 2015 Limited is now 3 years old with 39,000km and continues to drive very well; couldn't be happier.

It has finally lost its New Car Smell, but there are no squeaks, rattles or any issues to report.

I hope that you are all experiencing great drives with your Cherokees too.

PS: I like the look of the new front of the upcoming 2018 model :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Marty
Some people have had water leaks on the passenger side on the 2018. I will wait for the 2019/20 to see what the turbo 270 hp 4 cyl and v6 turbos hp will be and what cars they will put them in.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Our 2015 KL is approaching 4 years old, and 44,000km.

We've never had any issues with our KL,.....until this month :(

The Stop/Start System has disabled, and the Air-Conditioner remains ON all the time. We can't activate the Stop/Start System, and we can't turn OFF the Air-Con.

Parts & Labour to fix both (Down Under) is approximately A$1,800. The replacement Electronic Parts have to be ordered in from the USA.

Both issues are not critical, and the car continues to drive very well; ...and still no squeaks or rattles :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Marty

Interestingly our Stop Start stopped working after the last recall / software update?

I hadn't worried too much but knowing Jeeps lack of attention to detail in such things I wonder if these faults aren't software related or caused by software issues.

Worth a question as to why the electronics failed?

Regards

Grahame

·
Registered
41 Posts
My stop start has stopped also and I'm approaching 4 years old.

With all the electronics on board our Cherokee doesn't like a failing battery so starts disabling things like start stop and weird messages are displayed in dash. Will be replacing my battery soon even though no problems starting the Jeep.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

Our battery died a few weeks ago ($440.00 to replace) if these things shut down due to battery performance, how do they get restarted?

Realistically, we as owners are very vulnerable to the manufacturer's and the dealers power when it comes to software controllable issues.

Regards

Grahame

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hi Grahame and joezep,

some very interesting points that you guys mention.

It just so happens that last week I had to change the battery in our Honda after 5+ years (quote: It's dropped a cell. unquote).

The RACV Technician said that I had got a "good run" out of the (Honda) battery, as they usually start to fail at around 4 years old. So now I'm thinking that I should replace the KL's battery (like joezep) too, although it still seems to be starting fine. Maybe I should err on the side of caution and replace the KL's battery anyway.

I wonder if replacing the battery will fix my electronic (Stop/Start & Air-Con) gremlins :rolleyes: Paying $440 would be be much better than $1,800. I can only hope.

Cheers,

Marty

·
Registered
41 Posts
The battery has an Intelligent Battery Sensor. The IBS is mounted directly on the 12 VDC battery's negative post.

So if it senses that the battery is not healthy the IBS stops the start stop and tells you that the battery is still charging or it needs a service.

Once the battery is changed it might take 5 starts with 8 hours in between to learn the new battery. The IBS could be faulty too but 4 years for a car battery is coming to the end of life.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts