Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Summit
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the navigation on my 2016 GC Summit seems all confused and is showing me off road and on wrong roads. It has worked OK after my recent Uconnect software update which was done several weeks ago so I don't think that is connected to this. Is there a way to reboot the Nav? the manual is lacking any real information on this, any other ideas?thanks...Mike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What version of the software are you running? There is a new update available to fix the navigations issues latest is v18.45.01

·
Registered
Summit
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The update request came via the Uconnect screen and asked me to shut off my engine and acknowledge, which I did and it took about 4 minutes but, I really couldn't say what version it is .Would that information be listed in system information screen? thanks, Mike.
Ps I did find information on how to boot the Nav, so I will try that.

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee
50 Posts
The Nav on my 2018 is acting very strange as well. I noticed today that it is 180 degrees out of phase for some reason. I was driving north today and it said I was driving south. When I turned east, it indicated I was traveling west. I've never seen this before and no matter what I did, it was the showed the exact opposite of the actual direction I was traveling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The GPS will not function properly after November 3rd if the UConnect software has not been updated to the current version.

·
Registered
Summit
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Nav on my 2018 is acting very strange as well. I noticed today that it is 180 degrees out of phase for some reason. I was driving north today and it said I was driving south. When I turned east, it indicated I was traveling west. I've never seen this before and no matter what I did, it was the showed the exact opposite of the actual direction I was traveling.
YES! .....that's it exactly, maybe satellite is falling out of orbit, lol

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee
50 Posts
So I just went to the U connect update page, put in my VIN, and it told me that my 2018 is up to date with no updates available. ??????????????

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2018 TH had all sorts of issues with the original Nav/Stereo. Literally into the dealer starting at 6000 miles for failures, lock-ups, and blue-screen of death. Was told by first dealer replacement was on order, then backorder, then cancelled for months, and months, and months, and months. Second dealer same thing for a few months. Third dealer finally was able to order another replacement on the second visit for failure (they had it for 4 days!), then it was backordered, then cancelled, then reordered, and finally replaced! Only took 15 months to get it done! [hard to convey just how sarcastic that was meant to be]

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee
50 Posts
Well crap, that sucks. My dealer has been pretty good to me and the next closest is over 50 miles away. I'll have to make an appt to have it looked at I guess.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The GPS will not function properly after November 3rd if the UConnect software has not been updated to the current version.
I have not updated due to issues updating, but my nav is working just fine. Had one issue this past Tue that had me in the wrong place, corrected itself. I am at 17.11.17

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hi, the navigation on my 2016 GC Summit seems all confused and is showing me off road and on wrong roads. It has worked OK after my recent Uconnect software update which was done several weeks ago so I don't think that is connected to this. Is there a way to reboot the Nav? the manual is lacking any real information on this, any other ideas?thanks...Mike.
Hi everyone,
It sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. You can find your current software level in your "Settings" and "System Information" tab on your Uconnect system. Please check this first. If you system is not up to date with the 18.45.01 software level the files are currently available on driveUconnect.com. If you're able to update, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please PM me with more information if this does not solve your navigation concerns.
Alison
JeepCares

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee
50 Posts
I went to the only "settings" I could find Apps--> Settings--> System Information. It doesn't say anything about the release level, only a link to contact Panasonic for information about the software license.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are following directions for a pre 2018 Harman Head Unit. You have a 2018 Panasonic Head Unit that does NOT display software info unless you are in the Dealer mode screen. Hold the driver temp up & down along with the front defrost buttons to enter dealer mode. Go to System Info/Radio Part/Application Version to see what software version is running. You should see something like this:

Software version: 18.20.2e
Application version: USA-IR-21.9.0-20180516-I09V
BootMicro version: 18.10.01

21.9 is the current release version for US Grand Cherokees, although Jeep may soon begin pushing a newer version 28.3 Over The Air. You should have received the 21.9 update OTA. The uConnect website will not allow software downloads for 2018+ vehicles so checking status with your VIN is useless. If you are at 21.9 and still having problems, you will likely have to go to your dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You might want to try installing the 21.9 update yourself before going to the dealer. The software can be downloaded from the site below, maintained by an enthusiast:

www.mydrive.ch
username: [email protected]
Password: gasolio

Navigate to the 2018 UAQ software files and you will see the 21.9 update which is around 9GB. There is also a service bulletin pdf that explains how to install. You will need a 16GB Fat32 formatted USB thumb drive and the install will take some time. The files are all legit but If you're not comfortable doing this your only recourse is a trip to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee
50 Posts
Unsuccessful unfortunately. Following the TSB and using a SanDisk 16GB flash drive, have reformatted every format possible and every time I try to update, it tells me the software isn't compatible with my vehicle. I guess it will take a dealer visit.

·
Registered
2014 Trailhawk
1 Posts
Hi all, about to do this update here in a few. My questions is after downloading the update to my computer, do I pull all the files from the download into the USB or just one file in particular? Thanks! :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts