Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
When you load the files on the USB they must be un-ziped. You can't include the original zip file on the install disk. Also make sure the file you downloaded is "UCONNECT_8.4_UAQ_IR21.9_MY18.zip" You might also try a different brand USB. A number of people have had problems with SanDisk drives.

·
Premium Member
2018 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7l Hemi
56 Posts
I know, I followed the TSB to a T. I only put unzipped files on the drive because those were the specific instructions in the TSB. Unfortunately the SanDisk drives are what I have right now. I may be able to find a Kingston drive laying around but it's older and I haven't been using it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the OTA, and have had major NAV / compass issues since.

Compass is routinely 90-180 degrees off heading.

GPS shows me often hundreds of meters from vehicle startup location and will show a track corresponding to improper compass bearings. For example I drove about 20 miles NNE today, but GPS had me a similar distance away to the SW of my original location. It isn’t a GPS signal issue or jamming, my other GPS devices had no problem.

15 WK2... no AirPlay... garbage NAV... and apparently no actual digital compass. Might be time to start shopping since Jeep continues to send me unnecessary updates that reduce functionality or brick integrated systems.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
Hi all, about to do this update here in a few. My questions is after downloading the update to my computer, do I pull all the files from the download into the USB or just one file in particular? Thanks! :)
All the files in the Zip should be on the USB stick - nothing else.

·
Registered
Summit
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I took my 2016 GC to my dealer today to schedule the U65 recall fix and mentioned the nav update issue. He said that they will look into that also and that there would be no cost to me. That's next Tuesday 19th. So I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
2014 Grand Cherokee
1,082 Posts
I took my 2016 GC to my dealer today to schedule the U65 recall fix and mentioned the nav update issue. He said that they will look into that also and that there would be no cost to me. That's next Tuesday 19th. So I'll let you know what happens.
Hopefully, they can figure it out. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I, luckily, found out about this today. I was able to download and install this afternoon with no issues found yet. Previously the only issue I saw had to do with the DST change. When the clock was synced to the GPS, the time was all over the place - the update to 18.45.01 seems to have resolved that.

I should visit here more often. :D

2014 JGC 3.0 L

·
Registered
Summit
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Interestingly as I was driving home from making an appointment for this problem my Nav started working properly even though it has been stated that it wouldn't work after Nov. 3rd. and it still has the original 18.13.07 software......this stuff is driving me crazy....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hi all, about to do this update here in a few. My questions is after downloading the update to my computer, do I pull all the files from the download into the USB or just one file in particular? Thanks! :)
Hi! You will want to extract all five files from the download attachment and place them on the USB drive. This will allow you to update your vehicle.
Alison
JeepCares

·
Registered
15 Posts
To update everyone -- after upgrading to the latest version (18.45 -- previous was 17.43.01) my "restarting navigation" problems stopped. so far so good!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
So I've now tried SanDisk, Kingston, and PNY flash drives and none work. Always the same thing, the software is not compatible with my vehicle. There are 4 files and two folders that were extracted as can be seen from the picture. Are there files that shouldn't be on here? Must be dealer time now because I'm frustrated from dealing with this.

·
Registered
Summit
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So I've now tried SanDisk, Kingston, and PNY flash drives and none work. Always the same thing, the software is not compatible with my vehicle. There are 4 files and two folders that were extracted as can be seen from the picture. Are there files that shouldn't be on here? Must be dealer time now because I'm frustrated from dealing with this.

View attachment 220422
I'm beginning to think that Jeeps don't like Macs.....

·
Registered
Summit
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well I will be interested to see what the dealer says Tues. when I take it in for the U65 recall and a look at the Nav.
BTW my Nav. is now working again with the original software ??
Jeep Cares gave me a few suggestions but, yada yada yada ...

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I sometimes wonder why I care. I prefer to use Apple Carplay and the Waze app. I think it's much nicer but I also do want everything in the car working properly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Same issue here with my 2014 JGC Limited Ecodiesel. Took it to my dealer for their take and they told me I was the 55th customer to have this issue after the OTA update. Have an appointment next week for them to correct. Apparently Fiat Chrysler put out a corrupt update.

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit WK2 5.7 Hemi
4 Posts
I was having the dreaded "there is an update had been downloaded and is ready for your system" stuff and it kept nagging me to update it, and I of course would oblige it but it would always, upon return, come back with something went wrong or update failed and it never finished even when I had plenty of power and signal for the apps in the vehicle.

Just to let you guys know, I had went out of town last weekend, from the 7th to the 10th, and on Saturday. I am in my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 5.7 and I was in the middle of a downtown that was busy as all heck, and sure enough it(the GPS) went bonkers. It was going great getting there but all of a sudden right in the middle of a street light it started literally acting like it was having a seizure. I couldn't figure it out, and since I had had a TOM TOM that had similar activity when it overheated, I thought, maybe it just needs to reset. I stopped, pulled over and shut it down exited jeep and let it power down after locking it. Came back in and started vehicle and sure enough, it was doing same thing. I even went as far as to disconnect battery for 30 mins and even then it still was going a little distance then rubber banding back and not going anywhere, continuously saying it was recalculating, LOL!!! I dealt with it about a day and then next day upon entering the vehicle after breakfast it literally was in the same exact place it had been for the previous day and half. I was fed up. I searched for the freezing gps issues and came across jeep garage and a subforum about the 18.45.01 update and whala!!! it described exactly what I was going through. I had to wait to get home, but once I did, I wasn't yet outta the woods. I first used a 128GB Samsung 3.0 thumbdrive, NO NO!!! I then used a 64GB ADATA 3.0 drive, ungh uh either, finally found a 32GB one I had stashed that was also made by samsung but it worked finally. I will say this though, if your uconnect system is newer, and I mean than 2014 then just format it NTFS, I had both FAT32 and NTFS, both showed up but the NTFS allowed it to be significantly faster when installing. The system would not even recognize the drives aforementioned so I am pretty sure anything other than 32GB or below will not work with the older systems. ALSO, big reminder here... THERE CANNOT BE ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE FILES CONTAINED IN THE ZIP ON THE DRIVE!!! It will not recognize the update as valid and not even show up in the uconnect system. Also, make sure you have enough gas, since even though mine was significantly quicker because of the drive speed and format, you can be waiting there for roughly half an hour or more. For me it took about 15 mins the last like 6-8 steps being done in 5 mins.
Link to the place to manually download the zip file and hence update your system is here...

driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

Hopefully somebody else will find this helpful!!!

P.S. Once you DO update it, you will have to calibrate the GPS, just drive around for about 5 mins and it will figure out heading and everything else. Afterwards, everything else is working perfect!!!

21 - 40 of 96 Posts