Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally taking the plunge. Doing a lot of reading. Everywhere I look, messing with the exhaust valves will produce a code (Check engine light). Dealership says if you replace, they must have a form of flaps. If you lock open or remove, you will get a code. Kinda frustrating... a CatBack will then probably make a code??? Really? So then an AxleBack is the only "safe" option.

If I do go the CatBack option... Do I have to reset/disable every time with an OBDII?? Does unhooking battery overnight reset permanently or temporarily? Don't want headaches... Tuning after? will that void my lifetime MOPAR warranty??

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Finally taking the plunge. Doing a lot of reading. Everywhere I look, messing with the exhaust valves will produce a code (Check engine light). Dealership says if you replace, they must have a form of flaps. If you lock open or remove, you will get a code. Kinda frustrating... a CatBack will then probably make a code??? Really? So then an AxleBack is the only "safe" option.

If I do go the CatBack option... Do I have to reset/disable every time with an OBDII?? Does unhooking battery overnight reset permanently or temporarily? Don't want headaches... Tuning after? will that void my lifetime MOPAR warranty??

Don’t worry about the code. I used to get it with keeping flaps open and axleback (usually happens when WOT a lot). Anyways, after a few cycles of regular driving it would go away.....

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opened flaps yesterday with hose clamps. 2 hours of driving. WOT a couple times. No codes so far.

Getting an axle-back next week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Used hose clamps to force my exhaust flaps open on my '14 about 1000km's (~620 miles) ago with aggressive style driving around town. No codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put Borla exhaust on mine last year. Although I understand this will effect a warranty, I don’t have one, so it’s a non issue. I have had no issues except that it’s significantly faster and sounds bad ass. It does use a bit more gas which I was willing to accept.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put Borla exhaust on mine last year. Although I understand this will effect a warranty, I don’t have one, so it’s a non issue. I have had no issues except that it’s significantly faster and sounds bad ass. It does use a bit more gas which I was willing to accept.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts