Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Am out to purchase a Jeep WK and found this one should I jump on it? It looks like he has done a rear bumper swap for a SRT8 bumper and exhaust which i don't mind because the rear end looks mean.. If you guys think I should try and pick this up what price? or should I stay away because of the miles being 124,000..? Thanks guys!!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee AWD

· Registered
150 Posts
That seems like a good deal. I would try to feel the owner out and gauge if he/she seems like the type of person who took care of the Jeep, and didn't just thrash it and isn't trying to pass a whipped vehicle off on someone.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So judging by your comments I should be jumping on it right away? Ill call him up and tell him I was to see it right away! How much does a rear bumper srt8 and exhaust swap cost? I think it looks so good! I also have another 2005 jeep I can get for 8K it has 92,000 fully loaded no navigation it's the 4.7L but it stalls and that makes me nervous it stalls at the stop lights and signs...

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
going going GONE!! haha I made a few calls im picking up a 2005 WK 3.7L with 105,000 for 7500$ on saturday Gunmetal gray does anyone have some pictures of one that is all lifted with tires? Im wondering if I still want to put the 07 JK rims and bfgoodrich tires on it and paint the jk's black.. maybe go with the alloy american racing rims?

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
338 Posts
going going GONE!! haha I made a few calls im picking up a 2005 WK 3.7L with 105,000 for 7500$ on saturday Gunmetal gray does anyone have some pictures of one that is all lifted with tires? Im wondering if I still want to put the 07 JK rims and bfgoodrich tires on it and paint the jk's black.. maybe go with the alloy american racing rims?
Mine is Mineral Grey, and put some black Pro-comp wheels, lifted RC 2" .. have a look in my garage.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you that looks great!! Mine will be a little darker I'm thinking but I am going to deffinently do the black and follow your look with the matte icons. Debadge the rear besides the 4x4 and Jeep and tint everything.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
338 Posts
Thank you that looks great!! Mine will be a little darker I'm thinking but I am going to deffinently do the black and follow your look with the matte icons. Debadge the rear besides the 4x4 and Jeep and tint everything.
Cool, good luck !

I am having a bit of trouble actually painting the exhaust as the paint seemed to have flaked off, I think I need a higher temp rating paint, some industrial paint that is used for painting BBQs or blast furnaces perhaps :lol: ..

Everything was painted except for the door pillars which where vinyl wrapped in matte black. All trim was removed for painting, except for the window trim on the rear cargo area windows as they are glued on, so they where painted whilst on the truck.

post pictures once your done, looking forward to seeing the darker grey project !

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good will keep it updated I'm excited about it Aswell! I would say for the exhaust look into the BBQ paint although after awhile that even starts to flake off so you will need some tough stuff.. Or maybe just give it a touch up here and there.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
338 Posts
Sounds good will keep it updated I'm excited about it Aswell! I would say for the exhaust look into the BBQ paint although after awhile that even starts to flake off so you will need some tough stuff.. Or maybe just give it a touch up here and there.
Thanks, yea will try the BBQ paint or something really industrial, maybe a chemical process is needed!

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did some research for you you can either have them powder coated black.. The second one I know you can't do because you live in Dubai but autozone over here sells high temp cans on spray paint and a guy used it on his exhaust and said it help up wonderfully.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
338 Posts
I did some research for you you can either have them powder coated black.. The second one I know you can't do because you live in Dubai but autozone over here sells high temp cans on spray paint and a guy used it on his exhaust and said it help up wonderfully.
Thanks very much for the info, really appreciate it! Will check powder coating options here. We do get quite a few US products here in Dubai, also I have an Aramex Shop&Ship account to bring things over :) Sometimes its the simple things you can't find here, but the 'over the top' stuff is all over the place!

Once again, thanks for the info!

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No problem if I ever turn my jeep into a hovercraft and come over to Dubai you better do the wave back.. Haha but keep me updated on how the exhaust goes I'm interested in doing it to mine.

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
338 Posts
No problem if I ever turn my jeep into a hovercraft and come over to Dubai you better do the wave back.. Haha but keep me updated on how the exhaust goes I'm interested in doing it to mine.
Haha! A long trip for any hovercraft, but most welcome regardless! Will do , though going on holiday this week with the misses so no jeep work until mid July :)

Next mods are BT catch can, adjustable track bar, JBA UCAs and high beam HIDs ..

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I have some bad news the seller backed out and decided he wanted to keep it.. Figures with my luck but later today I'm going to look at a 2005 limited its red with chrome looks sharp! It has 112,000 on it and its a 4.7L oh and it's fully loaded :). First mod if I get it is plasti dipping the window cross sections they are red and ugly!

· Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
338 Posts
Well I have some bad news the seller backed out and decided he wanted to keep it.. Figures with my luck but later today I'm going to look at a 2005 limited its red with chrome looks sharp! It has 112,000 on it and its a 4.7L oh and it's fully loaded :). First mod if I get it is plasti dipping the window cross sections they are red and ugly!
Man thats unlucky, wasn't meant to be .. never know could have been headache... Plenty of other 'fish' in lake Michigan !

Good luck with the red '05 4.7 !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.