Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Long Live the Grey Ghosts
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason,

I'm electrical stupid as we all know.

1. I added some halos and i needed a switch. Please review my work and let me know if i need to add a relay or something......

2. I need to find some type of 'bulkhead' connector so i can run the halo wires out of the headlight housing without any chance of leaks... it has to have 4 terminals or wires too...... i checked the usual places but couldnt find anything cheaper than like 40 bux. waterproof too.

3. I bought a metri-pak 150 assortment on eBay and a crimper. I have used quite a few already and need some refills. where is a good place to get some replacements for that stuff?

Here is the pic of my wiring attempt::::

Thanks for all the help bro. If you want to take any of it to PM, please feel free.

Merry Christmas!

Rob

·
Registered
222 Posts
How many amps do the regualtors draw? You might want to use the dash switch to trigger a relay, that will send power to the regulator..If you decide on going with the Commander switch, then you will definitely need to use the relay...The switch wont handle the current

·
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just a trigger, the regulator power comes from the underhood relay box. so shouldnt be much........ but I did power it with a 10amp circuit......

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
Rob:

Shouldn't need a relay. 10 amps isn't all that much and I'm sure your switch is more than capable of handling that current. And, if it is indeed just a trigger, then you should be fine

Try these for your bulkhead connector. They are some of my favorites: http://www.deutschconnector.com/products/deutsch_dt_4-way_connectors.html

Looks like you could get a 4-pin setup (w/ pins) for about $15+shipping.

Best source for Metripack 150 stuff is here: http://order.waytekwire.com/products2/M37/320/550/400/1/Delphi Packard Metri Pack 150/Multi-Pin Connectors/Terminals And Connectors/

Sure, there are minimum order quanitities, but 100 terminals will only cost you like 8 bucks. Also, bear in mind there is a $35 minimum order for all your items put together, or else they will charge you a $5 handling fee.

Hope this helps!

·
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much Jason. The switch is rated at 10 AMPs, its sold by Hella so I should be ok there. and yes, its just a trigger.

its a pretty cool regulator that PLCMAN on LX makes and sells. He is now working on a dual regulator box that will have the capability to adjust the voltage from inside the car.
currently I have to mess with the actual board........

Far as refilling the connectors, its rather cheap and in one year I used like 7 of them just on my one Jeep. well worth the investment.

those bulkhead ones are perfect. man, i spent hours searching thru connectors looking for something like that. THX BRO!

·
Registered
GCSRT8
409 Posts
A+ on the drawing Rob :)
+1. Microsoft Paint RULEZ!!!

And you're welcome Rob, always willing to help out my fellow Jeepsters. Just remember on the Deutsch Connectors that you need to match color-to-color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts