Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My alternator in my '06 is whining after just 61k miles. I'm looking at Napa and O'Reily's as well as RockAuto and am curious what everyone recommends for a replacement. I won't keep the Jeep long enough to justify the Bosch price ($270 + $90 core).

My mechanic orders parts from Napa. But I know I can get something better priced from RockAuto.

EDIT: (Removed prices)

I've heard to stay away from re-manufactured ones. So that leaves RockAuto or an OEM part from the dealer. I'll just assume the dealer's is around $250...

RockAuto:
1) $180 + no core fee (USA Industries)
2) $105 + $70 core (Remy)
3) $201 + no core fee (OE Manufacturer-Denso)

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rockauto's service has been very good for me.. FWIW..

I'd probably get the Denso.
I went with the new Remy. Here mid-week hopefully. Rock Auto's been speedy with parts in the past. Of course, after I ordered it I opened the hood and saw "Denso" on the alternator branding...oops!

Dealer quoted me $550 including labor for the work.

Local mechanic quoted me .7 hours @ $90/hour.

Take a guess who's doing the job...

· Premium Member
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2,813 Posts
l would do some review research on rockauto before getting anything from them, there service is hit or miss, at the very best
Never personally had a problem with rock auto, nor have I heard of any issues before. Obviously I have not heard everything in the world, just saying they have been great for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.