Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
A4 b6, wifey s40
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new tires and mounted them on but what I have found, height leveling sensor on the right side (front passenger) its 68164093ab but none in driver's side. (normal???)

Now, I googled up for its part and it confused me because I do not have air suspension but just regular suspension in the front but air in the rear.

Its 2014 limited with lux 2.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Are you saying you have factory struts in the front, and air suspension in the rear? This doesn't make sense. Did you buy this vehicle used? Did someone add airbags to the rear?

·
Registered
2006 &2018 gc
64 Posts
if it is a used vehicle it is more likely the front air bags were taken out and replaced with oem struts

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
1,013 Posts
Are you sure you have air in the rears or is it the load leveling suspension? Also, do you have HID headlamps?

·
Registered
A4 b6, wifey s40
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I bought it with 3 miles and got t-boned but no total... got new doors, hood, fender, bumper, and right suspension.

Yes, I do have HID headlights.

I will have to take pictures of my jeep and post here soon.

·
Registered
A4 b6, wifey s40
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure made myself as a fool... guess I gotta drink more coffee before I post. I rechecked my jeep, I was mistakenly thought air suspension but turned out just regular gas shocks with springs. But, one thing sure bothering me... the sensor in the front... guess they made a mistake and installed the sensor on non-air suspension?

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
1,013 Posts
More than likely ride height for the auto leveling headlamps. I previously had a 2011 limited that had height sensors. Unfortunately, I can't recall how many it had, but know it was not on all 4 control arms. It also had auto leveling headlamps.

Reactions: clirry

·
Registered
A4 b6, wifey s40
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ratchet-- Many thanks for the explanation. Yes, I do have auto leveling headlamps, gotta check youtube to see how sensor functions.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2014 WK2 Overland
1,013 Posts
No problem. I wish I had a better explanation, but I'm not completely familiar with that particular system for the headlamps being I haven't had to troubleshoot it personally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts