Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021SRT
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Im new here but not with Jeeps. Just purchased a 14 couple days ago. As a matter of fact just had the windows tinted an hour ago. I ordered 20" Black Chrome wheels yesterday but been thinking maybe I made the wrong decision. I'm thinking how are they going to look one white, are they going to drive me crazy and have water/dirt spots all the time. Can someone shed a little light for me? Anyone have pics with white?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
111 Posts
I think its going to look great. Have you seen the new 300 Srt8's with there Black Chrome rims? It looks sick in any color. I think maybe you should black out some of the chrome, and maybe tint the tail lights, and your jeep will look amazing. Post up some pics when you get them!

·
Banned
LAREDO
567 Posts
I wouldn't worry about water spots on the black chrome.
We just got our 2014 last month and put the bc wheels on a week later.
I poilshed the whole Jeep....glass, paint and wheels with Zaino All in One cleaner, polish and protectant and then coated everything with their Clear Seal. After it is driven in the rain the paint and glass still looks clean with no waterspots. The wheels don't have water spots but do get a little grungy from the mist covering them while driving. Takes me about 2 minutes to clean each wheel. I use Meguiars Quik Wheel Detailer and it is safe for all wheels. They look like new again after a quik wipe down.
I kept my stock wheels and tires for winter to help keep the bc wheels newer/longer. I think your Jeep will look great with the bc wheels. When it doesn't rain for a while the wheels still look clean after a week of not touching them at all. The bc helps to hide the brake dust also.
What wheels did you get?

·
Lifer: Old Geezer
Overland
4,607 Posts
Hello all,

Im new here but not with Jeeps. Just purchased a 14 couple days ago. As a matter of fact just had the windows tinted an hour ago. I ordered 20" Black Chrome wheels yesterday but been thinking maybe I made the wrong decision. I'm thinking how are they going to look one white, are they going to drive me crazy and have water/dirt spots all the time. Can someone shed a little light for me? Anyone have pics with white?

Personally I think they'll make a very nice contrast.
Silver/chrome just wouldn't set off as well against white In My Non Humble Opinion

·
Registered
2021SRT
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't worry about water spots on the black chrome.
We just got our 2014 last month and put the bc wheels on a week later.
I poilshed the whole Jeep....glass, paint and wheels with Zaino All in One cleaner, polish and protectant and then coated everything with their Clear Seal. After it is driven in the rain the paint and glass still looks clean with no waterspots. The wheels don't have water spots but do get a little grungy from the mist covering them while driving. Takes me about 2 minutes to clean each wheel. I use Meguiars Quik Wheel Detailer and it is safe for all wheels. They look like new again after a quik wipe down.
I kept my stock wheels and tires for winter to help keep the bc wheels newer/longer. I think your Jeep will look great with the bc wheels. When it doesn't rain for a while the wheels still look clean after a week of not touching them at all. The bc helps to hide the brake dust also.
What wheels did you get?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheels & Tires

·
Registered
2021SRT
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Came in today. Im also on the verge of purchasing an SRT8 I will no the answer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2008 Grand Cherokee
2,659 Posts
Hello all,

Should look sick!

·
Registered
89 Posts
which tires did you get? or you just used the 265 / 50 they came with?
I heard mixed reviews about the stock Pirelli Scorpion tires, so I went with General Grabber UHP's (stock tires on Range Rovers). I cannot say enough good things about those tires. They look much better than the Pirellis, plus they're rated higher, last longer, and are way more quiet!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
57,003 Posts
I have a set of those with tires in the fs forums....only 640 miles

·
Registered
2014 JGC Limited 2wd
308 Posts
The rims look great guys. I cant wait to put the gloss black gen1 reps on mine.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.