Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee
150 Posts
What changes are included in the new 18.45.01 update include?
There you go.
TSB included as attachment.

SUBJECT: Flash Over The Air (FOTA) Software Update RA3 and RA4 Radio

OVERVIEW: This bulletin provides information regarding the latest Flash Over The Air (FOTA) update and provides the service technician an overview of the steps a customer will need to take to complete the update.

MODELS:
2015 - 2017 (BU) Jeep Renegade
2013 - 2017 (KL) Jeep Cherokee
2017 (RU) Chrysler Pacifica
2015 - 2017 (UF) Chrysler 200
2014 - 2017 (WD) Dodge Durango
2014 - 2017 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 - 2017 (ZD) Dodge Viper
2015 - 2016 (LA) Dodge Challenger
2015 - 2016 (LD) Dodge Charger
2015 - 2016 (LX) Chrysler 300
2013 - 2017 (DS) RAM 1500 Pickup
2013 - 2017 (D2) RAM 3500 Pickup
2013 - 2017 (DD) RAM 3500 Cab Chassis
2013 - 2017 (DF) RAM 3500 <10K LB Cab Chassis
2013 - 2017 (DJ) RAM 2500 Pickup
2013 - 2017 (DP) RAM 4500/5500 Cab Chassis

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: (U.S.).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Uconnect 3C With 8.4( Display (Sales
Code RA3) or Uconnect 3C Nav With 8.4( Display (Sales Code RA4) with Uconnect
Access (Sales Code RS7).

DISCUSSION:
Vehicles sold in the U.S. can receive software updates “over-the-air”. Updates to software will occur
in a phased roll-out. The software is updated through the built-in cellular modem in the radio.
Customers will see a notification on their radio screen when new software is available for their radio
(Fig. 1) . The owner will have the option to update the radio or schedule the update for later. There
is not an option to decline the update indefinitely, the update must be performed.
NOTE: If the update is not performed the following will occur.
On November 3rd, 2019, all vehicles GPS functionalities (i.e. location, turn-by-turn, date, time) will
be inaccurate.
• Certain connected services applications will lose functionality that depend on accurate GPS.
There will be no error message displayed to the customer.
• Vehicle location on GPS navigation screen will no longer follow the streets on the map.
• Connected services that utilize GPS time will no longer function.
NOTE: This is an information only Service Bulletin to inform the dealer how the FOTA update
is performed. This document does not contain a LOP for reimbursement.

Attachments

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
454 Posts
How can this apply only for the US when there is Canadian sales with the exact specs? Does that mean our GPS will remain inaccurate?

Reactions: NNOE514

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess that explains why I did not receive any message to update my 2018 GC.
You could always just go here and put in your VIN -- they will let you know if there is an update available for your vehicle.

·
Registered
2017 GC Trailhawk
108 Posts
Never got this update on my GC but thankfully this fixes the navigation issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an older post, but I recently purchased a 2016 JGC. I'm trying to update my uconnect from 16.09.09 to 18.45. I downloaded the software from the driveuconnect.com, but when I go to install it, i get Loader.lua Model year mismatch. Anyone know what's going on and a work around d for it.

·
Registered
2015 Grand Cherokee Summit
88 Posts
I just updated mine when I was downloading the update I saw a list if you went from this version X to Y you needed to have Jeep do it may be thats the problem you are having. I read on the site that updates are free at the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just updated mine when I was downloading the update I saw a list if you went from this version X to Y you needed to have Jeep do it may be thats the problem you are having. I read on the site that updates are free at the dealer.
I thought the same thing, but it says I should be ok in the instructions. I've read that other people had the same issue and they step upgraded to fix the issue. I just have e no idea how to get the middle software, which would be 17 something.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I thought the same thing, but it says I should be ok in the instructions. I've read that other people had the same issue and they step upgraded to fix the issue. I just have e no idea how to get the middle software, which would be 17 something.
You may have to take a drive to the dealer and have them update it.

·
Registered
2014 Summit 5.7 4wd 20" tires swapped to 18", added all skid plates
1,793 Posts
If someone wants the 18.45.01 file and can't get it downloaded from the FCA site I can put my copy up on some file share for them. You need to follow the instructions on the uconnect site to put it onto a usb stick from which you update the radio.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If someone wants the 18.45.01 file and can't get it downloaded from the FCA site I can put my copy up on some file share for them. You need to follow the instructions on the uconnect site to put it onto a usb stick from which you update the radio.
I dont think you can that. I remember reading that it locked to your VIN or something.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Check out this post: New member needs some Nav help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Could I get this copy from you? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need to get a copy of 17 something apparently, and the dealerships here cant help me because I have a US spec jeep and not the german.

·
Registered
Jeep Grand Cherokee
454 Posts
FYI. If you scroll up to this thread to number 14 post. The link to the copy is right there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok folks, here is an inside tribal knowledge for firmware updates:
Windows PC or laptop. Broadband highspeed connection preferred.
If you have a newer mac, be sure you have the option to format windows fat32 for the usb thumbdrive. Download file to pc and extract all to drive letter only of usb.
Scroll to bottom, click software update. Should be a link under the support column second line down.
Enter Vin, check for updates. If you do not see the popup or page, disable popup blocker and clear your browsing history including cache and cookies. Close browser, reopen, start step 1
Click get started button
click view available updates
click download update (be sure zip file downloads to your computer, NOT the thumbdrive.
USB thumbdrive needs to be no less than 4GB and no greater than 32GB. It must be formatted to FAT32.
Any name brand, quick format fat32, Some thumbdrives like sandisk and lexar include the exfat format.
Right click your thumbdrive in my computer or win 10 this pc, select format. In the popup, select fat32, select quick format, then start.
Note drive letter assigned to usb.
Locate downloaded update zip on your pc, right click file, select extract all. In the popup, use browse for destination and select the letter assigned to your thumbdrive only. Start.
Safely remove thumbdrive from pc.
Start vehicle, keep in park and running. Plug usb into usb port on the console. There may be more than one including media. If no popup on uconnect screen for validated update within 2 minutes, try another port.
Should not take longer than two minutes to recognize valid update files after plugging in usb.
update may take 20 - 30 minutes or less. do not interrupt progress.
When the question comes up after the update to reinstall, select no.
After update it may require soft boot and two ignition cycles
Soft boot is to press and hold volume and tuner/select physical knobs until the screen blacks out and release.
Allow a few minutes to load any apps or systems.
Once loaded, start power cycles.
One power cycle is turning off the ignition, if key ignition remove key, open driver side door. Leave open until radio and running dash lights power down. About 8 seconds.
Close driver side door and start ignition again.
Wait 60 seconds once radio is back on before last power cycle.
Perform second power cycle. After last power cycle allow vehicle to run up to 5 minutes.
Navigation may need to recalibrate by moving your vehicle to another cross street or main road.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts