Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 jeep overland
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i keep reading that everyone is rocking the "Defender" tires for the GCs.

I have a 2015 GC overland with 18' rims, i always thought the 18s handled pretty miserably, lots of body roll etc.

I just purchased some 20' SRT wheels for the GC, I'm looking for the best possible rubber to cover these in.

80% of my driving in rural country roads, and freeway. I want something that is geared towards handling and comfort.

I do live on an offroad street about 200 yards so i cant have rubber band tires, i need something that can handle gravel and off road as well for a little bit every day.

Most of my research has me leaning towards to defenders. ANy other suggestions>

Here are the rims i bought.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got Toyo AT-II in 285x50r20, not rubbing at all on my 2015, handles great on the highway, makes the wheels look great.

Looked at several tires in the 295 range an this 285 Toyos have a very wide contact area, paired with the 10" wide wheel makes it look great.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Forgot to mention, Im barely clearing the bolt, cannot go more than 1/4" to 1/2" wider on the tire or it would be touching the bolt.

I tried test fitting the 305 Toyos but they where resting on the bolt.

·
Registered
2015 jeep overland
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got Toyo AT-II in 285x50r20, not rubbing at all on my 2015, handles great on the highway, makes the wheels look great.

Looked at several tires in the 295 range an this 285 Toyos have a very wide contact area, paired with the 10" wide wheel makes it look great.
Yea i was reading that some people had 295s but good to know about the rubbing issues. I figured that all GCs could handle 20inch wheels without any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts