Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tomorrow getting second set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/55/20 tires installed on GC Overland with quadratrac and Quadra-lift.

First set will still pass inspection but 2.5 yrs old with 81,273 miles on them (32k year), I can't believe how good they have held up. If I wasn't taking a weekend run up to upstate NY from VA I would keep a few months longer, but they should have a lot of snow so perfect time to freshen up tires.

The Jeep is 54 mo. old with 127,000 miles. First set of Nitto's put on in Aug 2015. I run a ton of highway miles and noise is barely noticeable for us.

I do rotate tire regulary every 3-6k miles.

Reactions: Tony42

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tomorrow getting second set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2 275/55/20 tires installed on GC Overland with quadratrac and Quadra-lift.

First set will still pass inspection but 2.5 yrs old with 81,273 miles on them (32k year), I can't believe how good they have held up. If I wasn't taking a weekend run up to upstate NY from VA I would keep a few months longer, but they should have a lot of snow so perfect time to freshen up tires.

The Jeep is 54 mo. old with 127,000 miles. First set of Nitto's put on in Aug 2015. I run a ton of highway miles and noise is barely noticeable for us.

Hmmm, mine are about 25,000 miles old and starting to wear on the outside shoulders (all 4 corners). Will be lucky to make it to 35,000 miles.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, mine are about 25,000 miles old and starting to wear on the outside shoulders (all 4 corners). Will be lucky to make it to 35,000 miles.
Thats stinks big time, not sure why our experiences so different. I really was religious in getting rotated at regular oil intervals. I keep air pressure at 36 and sides did wear more than middle, current installer says to put air at 40-45 and middle will wear faster than sides but I am very happy with results.

They are great in snow and off-road.

·
Registered
2014 JGC Overland
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got tires installed today, so smooth at 36psi, for trip up to NY Friday I plan to go up to 40 to see how it goes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have always had good luck with terra grapps on my Superduty's. Usually got around 35k to 40k out of them. To me that's great for a 10k lbs truck. Usually had 65 to 80 lbs in them and all were on 9 or 10 wide wheels.

Was actually thinking about getting a set for the winter months.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Got tires installed today, so smooth at 36psi, for trip up to NY Friday I plan to go up to 40 to see how it goes.
Yes indeed. We have plenty of snow for you this year. However the roads are clear with no slush, just wet.

·
Registered
6 Posts

any pics?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts