Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 2011
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14ui7DG-pk&t=1988s

If you listen at around 33:00, this guy is saying FCA is going to release a new 7.0 engine (old 426 redesigned?) to replace all SRT engines across the lineup. This alledged 7.0 engine would be:
1) Naturally aspirated like the current 6.4L
2) Around 550HP

You would have a supercharged upgrade option (like the current trackhawk).

He says this new 7.0L would be introduced at the 2019 New York auto show. He also says you the pre-order banks would open around november 2019.

Does anyone have anything that would corroborate this information. I have no idea where this guy learned about this new engine but this is the first time I'm hearing about it... Maybe it's pure BS and he's talking out of his @ss.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14ui7DG-pk&t=1988s

If you listen at around 33:00, this guy is saying FCA is going to release a new 7.0 engine (old 426 redesigned?) to replace all SRT engines across the lineup. This alledged 7.0 engine would be:
1) Naturally aspirated like the current 6.4L
2) Around 550HP

You would have a supercharged upgrade option (like the current trackhawk).

He says this new 7.0L would be introduced at the 2019 New York auto show. He also says you the pre-order banks would open around november 2019.

Does anyone have anything that would corroborate this information. I have no idea where this guy learned about this new engine but this is the first time I'm hearing about it... Maybe it's pure BS and he's talking out of his @ss.
There is indeed a new 7.0l hemi in the works for the 2021 rebel TR. Maybe it will show up before that? I doubt it though.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 2011
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am definitely waiting for the new SRT to replace my current GC.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
And it's 520 hp

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 2011
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Also, everything I read talks about the 7.0 coming for the Ram rebel. I haven't read anything pointing towards this 7.0 for any Jeep product. It would make sense though...

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
From my sources today...there is no info on a 7.0l hemi...

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 2011
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp.... I hope that it is coming for real. A 7.0L... the sound and brute power the thing would have...

But I guess if aninsider sources say no... it might not be coming after all.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
They say they have no idea where the info came from. Even the allpar guys know nothing.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 2011
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess FCA will probably only update the current engines to boost HP and torque somewhat... Either way, we shall see in a year or so.

I just can't help but hope an all new bigger engine is coming to SRT/Trackhawks.

And the last thing I'd want is to buy a MY 2021 with the old 6.4L engine, only to learn the next year they are releasing an all new bigger/better engine with 520HP and 510 lb-ft torque.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
The info we have is there will be a 2.0 hurricane turbo as the base WL engine...along with the new gme 6. The 3.6 will hang around for a few years till the gme is brought on. The base srt engine will be a gme 6 TT. The 6.2 hangs around in the trackhawk.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The info we have is there will be a 2.0 hurricane turbo as the base WL engine...along with the new gme 6. The 3.6 will hang around for a few years till the gme is brought on. The base srt engine will be a gme 6 TT. The 6.2 hangs around in the trackhawk.
Plugin hybrid option? Diesel option? Not to derail this thread too much, but any more fuel efficient options?

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
Plugin hybrid option? Diesel option? Not to derail this thread too much, but any more fuel efficient options?
Probably down the road but no info right now

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
Thanks for the info. Does that piece of information come from an inside source?
Milous, for all practical purposes, "is" an inside source... ;)

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee 2011
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I guess since Milous said it, a 7.0 is a strong possibility. We have no idea if it will eventually make its way to the GC but at least I can still keep the hope alive. Keep dreaming ?

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,992 Posts
Some speculate it could replace the 6.4 hemi from SRT as it will be SRT only.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts