Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i did some things in the last week, mostly from boredom. and funny things i found online. photos below!!

well my first thing i wanted to eliminate the oil vent tube going into the intake from the fill location. so i had a filter on there that pushed against the coil pack, because it stuck straight out. i didnt like that so since i couldnt find one online with a 90 degree angle. i looked in my tool box and found an elbow from a Tcase build i did for my wrangler. i found that it is less then 1mm then the inside hole of the mini filter with the rubber removed. so i threaded it in and secured it with RTV silicone. and then mounted a piece of tube to the fill location. and for the CAI side of it, i found some caps at autozone for capping off PCV ports. its sturdy and it works and looks decent! i was happy.

-----

my next thing i found online. and i thought it would be something funny to throw in my jeep

they are listed in this ebay sellers store: LINK these things are beef, i was not expecting the quality on them, and they look sharp. and they are sharp, i managed to cut myself while squeezy really hard and sinching it down..lol..ps the do come with other logos on them.

-----

the last is the "warning sticker" i found on ebay. i love it and it speaks for itself

· Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,689 Posts

· Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,606 Posts
cool

· Registered
2002 Jeep GC WJ
1,883 Posts
Awesome, love the oil filler cap and that warning sticker is superb! :lol:

· Registered
305 Posts
Does that new oil cap help in getting it off easier? I have the damn-dest time trying to remove the oem unit! Besides the silly "logo", looks good.

I put a ricer breather on mine as well (have a bunch I got for practically nothing), except I attached it to the strut brace and ran 1/2" (iirc) vacuum tubing.

· Registered
305 Posts
Ouch! Reminds me of cleaning my bronco's wipers when they were up once!

I imagine it's clearcoated? If you take some fine scotchbrite (even ultra fine grey) and go around it to break the edge of circumference, you think that would help? Problem is if it's coated, would have to re-do, or just take it off and polish/keep waxing it to avoid oxidation...

No fun getting sliced or having to worry about it! Otherwise, looks like a good addition and 100X better than the OEM.

· Registered
305 Posts
Yeah, I see how that may happen (possible)...Personally, I'd break the bottom edge with a fillet or even a small chamfer, just to avoid it in the future. Easy way to tell if it's clearcoated (if you're not sure) is put some metal polish on the bottom side and rub a little...no black, coated...black and it's mill finish. (I say bottom so you don't have one little shiny spot, if you didn't want to do the whole thing :D )

· Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,689 Posts
Breather filters are illegal in California. Just put the tube back on before you have to get a smog check, Brad!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.