Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· The Original
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,688 Posts
i would say OEM b/c chrysler did a lot of proactive work to fix the brake problems of the past... from what I know, the change was done to the calipers and pads/rotors in 2002.. so get the 2004 specific set IMO..

· Premium Member
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
47,451 Posts
I recommend the Stillen slotted setup.......I'm not convinced on the drilled

· The Original
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would say OEM b/c chrysler did a lot of proactive work to fix the brake problems of the past... from what I know, the change was done to the calipers and pads/rotors in 2002.. so get the 2004 specific set IMO..
I was thinking of going to the dealership and getting the factory ones but I don't want to be ripped off.

· Registered
1,572 Posts
To be perfectly honest Paul...I say go with some smooth rotors, and some kinda ceramic pad...my drilled rotors are a little noisy when dong heavy braking...which is kinda annoying...

That listing on eBay is just for the front BTW..

· Registered
1,193 Posts
Paul,

you will get a lot of different opinions regarding which one is better, my suggestion is to listen to what they have to say and do some research on your own. The fact the everybody has different taste and reasoning as to why will probably confuse you more. Good luck with it my friend!

· Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,688 Posts
I was thinking of going to the dealership and getting the factory ones but I don't want to be ripped off.
Don't go to the dealership! Find a brake shop that orders OEM parts. That's what I did for the rear brakes, found a local shop and they ordered the OEM pads... had them bought/installed with the rotors resurfaced for $275 californian.

· Registered
WJ- Grand Cherokee
107 Posts
I had the warped rotor issue when I bought my WJ last year, I upgraded to cross-drilled and slotted from brakeperformance.com they where a million times better than stock and I also bought some ceramic brake pads from the same place, They make the truck look much better. I would only replace the front with the drilled and slotted though.

If you want some rear discs for the WJ just $20 and shipping and you can get them from me. I got a brand new pair in the garage.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
To be perfectly honest Paul...I say go with some smooth rotors, and some kinda ceramic pad...my drilled rotors are a little noisy when dong heavy braking...which is kinda annoying...

That listing on eBay is just for the front BTW..
YES same for my slotted. I get squeals time to time. I say go with smooths, Hannes told me the same thing and I got slotted anyway and now I have noise. :rolleyes: And to be honest I didn't ride on my smooth brakes for long but they seemed to have stopped easier (distance)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.