1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Trail Hawk
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New build for 2017 GCTH - Need assistance

Hello members:

I have been searching for some time and cannot find the answers that I am looking for. 2017 trail hawk, 9 speaker alpine: I am doing a complete rebuild all except the HU:
Focal K2 165 KRX2 front and K2 165 KRC for the rear
JL Audio HD900\5
JL Fix-86
JL TWK-88
JL wedge: disconnected the stock sub

Am I correct that the factory amp is located in the rear drivers side across from the factory sub? I tore apart the rear panels where the sub is located and do not see anything close to an amp, but do see a piece of hardware on the drivers side: Mopar part number does not return what it is.

Second question: if in fact that the amp is where I think it is, how are you tapping off the amp for signal so you can input into the JL Fix?

Thanks for looking and any responses are well recieved

Jac

·
Registered
2018 GC Limited
12 Posts
Hello members:

I have been searching for some time and cannot find the answers that I am looking for. 2017 trail hawk, 9 speaker alpine: I am doing a complete rebuild all except the HU:
Focal K2 165 KRX2 front and K2 165 KRC for the rear
JL Audio HD900\5
JL Fix-86
JL TWK-88
JL wedge: disconnected the stock sub

I am correct that the factory amp is located in the rear drivers side across from the factory sub? I tore apart the rear panels where the sub is located and do not see anything close to an amp, but do see a piece of hardware on the drivers side: Mopar part number does not return what it is.

Second question: if in fact that the amp is where I think it is, how are you tapping off the amp for signal so you can input into the JL Fix?

Thanks for looking and any responses are well recieved

Jac
I'm almost done with my 2018 GC Limited build. To get to my factory amp I needed to remove the rear sub-floor which covers the spare tire then it's on the right side. To remove the top bolt of the amp bracket then you need to pull back the left panel. It's right below my emergency gas flat release. Pic of my factory Alpine below.

I can't help as for the JL Fix. I went with the PAC AmpPro 4 which connects up in the dash between the HU and amp. I then run optical back to my enclosure to my HelixDSP.2. From there I'll be going with a JL HD600/6v2 (In transit). 4 channels for my front (Silver Flute 6.5s and SEAS tweeters in the door sails) active XO. 2 Channels to the rear for SB Acqustics 6.5's and D-Pillar SEAS tweets, passive XO. Lastly is my Orion XTR1400.1D driving four JBL GTO1214 subs sealed with 350W RMS each. If you want to tap into the factory speaker wiring without cutting see my writeup HERE on DIYMA.

What the heck, only allow one pic/post?

·
Registered
2017 WK2 Trail Hawk
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for looking, but since I did not get any assistance here I have decided to just take the truck in into the shop and have them finish the the connection. this was my only issue as I did not know how to tap into the HU wiring to get the signal to the JL Audio Fix.

J

·
Registered
2018 GC Limited
12 Posts
You need to ask the question over on the DIYMA site. I'm sure you'll get an answer there. Good luck.

·
Registered
Altitude
2,771 Posts
I would start with PAC audios amp-pro4. It will give you a sold starting point with either three full range 5v rca's or a single toslink optical output. From there you can further correct your signal using a DSP. Best part is that its full plug and play.

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-interfacing/ap4-ch41

Hope that helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 GC Limited
12 Posts
That's the way I went, very easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts