Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know color is a personal thing and thus, one can think that their choice is beautiful while another is thinking....that is pathetic...

That said, I am planning ahead for my purchase of the 2011 model and reviewing color choices that apparently will be offered....

Here is how my thinking currently goes on the subject....

Some I have ruled out already, while others are still a possibility:

black--beautiful when clean but been there, done that, never again (too easy to see surface scratches just from washing vehicle....

white--been there, done that.....found that the acid rain that falls in my area left very small rust-like spots on the paint---difficult, if not impossible to get out...

red---again beautiful color but a little too flashy for my own personality---like to be a little laid back and blend in to the scenery....

silver--most popular color apparently for most cars----so many silver cars on the road, doesn't offset chrome features very well.....

blackberry pearl---seen this color in a brochure of the new 2010 Dodge vans---very dark, looked like dark navy to me from what I could tell---don't much like dark colors after having so much trouble with my black one

dark charcoal pearl--I assume this is the color pictured in the Moab? pic that is on the net that has been passed around....not a bad color....possibility if others don't pan out...

white gold metallic--seen this color on a Dodge Journey recently, seemed a little gawdy to me as it appeared to be really gold and a lot brighter than say the light sandstone or champagne colors seen on earlier models of Chrysler....not sure about this color but I usually do like the gold...possibility.....

rugged brown pearl--don't know about this color because I haven't seen it anywhere yet, so it is a possibility.....you might not think that brown would be nice but I had a 2000 GC Ltd that was brown (forget the exact name) and I can tell you (personally speaking) it was really nice...so I look forward to seeing what this color actually looks like....

·
RockNrolla/JG Founder
14,649 Posts
color is def your own persona choice. we have a few of us battle over colors but it's all in good fun. we all love jeeps and everyone has their own choice in colors:) when you see members making fun of diff colored jeeps its all in good fun and we are all joking:)

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
red....hands down. The inferno/red rock pearls change in color depending on the light and they are amazing up close

·
Registered
Jeep SRT8
6,440 Posts
I'm going to look into that dark berry color.. seems like it could be a pita like black but I remember the old ZJs having a color similar to this and I like them...

[/IMG]

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'd go with and Inferno/Red, or some kinda Graphite/Gray Metallic. I'm NOT a black, white or much of silver fan, because it seems like every other on the road is one of those colors.

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
^^^^^^lol

·
Premium Member
Grand Cherokee
9,457 Posts
i will have to say black :D

·
Administrator
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
56,677 Posts
the modern blue isnt bad

·
Administrator
9,281 Posts
rugged brown pearl--don't know about this color because I haven't seen it anywhere yet, so it is a possibility.....you might not think that brown would be nice but I had a 2000 GC Ltd that was brown (forget the exact name) and I can tell you (personally speaking) it was really nice...so I look forward to seeing what this color actually looks like....
The 2000 WJ "brown" color was Champagne Pearl Metallic:

Rugged Brown is noticeably darker. This color is avaliable on 2010 models of the Ram in metallic. While it is hard to judge colors by a paint chip, here is one for Rugged Brown Metallic:

PS: Exterior colors have not been finalized yet for the 2011 GC. I do know that they will continue to offer Stone White (and not the newer white gold metallic). I'll see if I can dig up some color info and report back once final decisions are made for the GC palette.

EDIT: It looks like White Gold Metallic is a go for the 2011 GC.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The 2000 WJ "brown" color was Champagne Pearl Metallic:

Rugged Brown is noticeably darker. This color is avaliable on 2010 models of the Ram in metallic. While it is hard to judge colors by a paint chip, here is one for Rugged Brown Metallic:

PS: Exterior colors have not been finalized yet for the 2011 GC. I do know that they will continue to offer Stone White (and not the newer white gold metallic). I'll see if I can dig up some color info and report back once final decisions are made for the GC palette.
Thanks for the info.....funny, I remember my 2000 as being a little darker than the one in the pic you have but maybe it looked a little darker in person....

If the new rugged brown is that dark, I will have to pass on that....no more dark colors for me after having the black one....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think mine was the color known as 'taupe frost clearcoat metallic' which was slightly darker than the champagne color....I haven't been able to find a good pic of the color but I can remember staring at the Jeep while it was parked in my garage and thinking.....that is a really beautiful color.....it just sparkled like a really rich, brown....

Haven't seen a nice brown color similar to that one since then....

·
Everyday I'm shuffling
Ford Escape
6,126 Posts
My vote is Blackberry Pearl to match my MKZ

·
If you halo, they will come...
789 Posts
Wow I must be one of the guinea pigs! Because when I ordered my WK I asked for Brilliant Black. But 3 months later when it got here I got some what upset at first, seeing the colour was not really brilliant black. It looked kinda shifty in the sun...dark grayish. The guy at dealership apologized and told me it's a new color called "Dark Carbon" which has to be the Dark Charcoal they now make official for the WK2.

As I said....I first wanted to stab someone when I saw it was grayish.....but it's only in direct sunlight. When it's cloudy or at night, it's pitch black. Quite original

1 - 15 of 15 Posts