Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys most of the time when I read auto magazines regarding the RAM, Wrangler, or Grand Cherokee. They talk about the Ecodiesel coming out maybe in 2019 but with no solid commitment from FCA. My latest Truck trend testing the new Wrangler says the 3.0 diesel should be available mid to late 2019 but here is the interesting thing, they posted it will have 260HP and 442Lbs of torque. That's an increase over our 240hp and 430 Lbs. It would be nice whatever update they force us to do will give us those new results. But I'm sure the engine maybe has been redesigned. But there is no information from FCA on this. Just truck trend posting those numbers. I figure FCA has our 2014-2016 Ecodiesel money in the bank. They will do what it minimally takes to make our GC's compliant based on what the EPA demands. I for one will avoid it as much as posible unless it is proven not to hurt performance, mileage, consumables(DEF) etc.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Guys most of the time when I read auto magazines regarding the RAM, Wrangler, or Grand Cherokee. They talk about the Ecodiesel coming out maybe in 2019 but with no solid commitment from FCA. My latest Truck trend testing the new Wrangler says the 3.0 diesel should be available mid to late 2019 but here is the interesting thing, they posted it will have 260HP and 442Lbs of torque. That's an increase over our 240hp and 430 Lbs. It would be nice whatever update they force us to do will give us those new results. But I'm sure the engine maybe has been redesigned. But there is no information from FCA on this. Just truck trend posting those numbers. I figure FCA has our 2014-2016 Ecodiesel money in the bank. They will do what it minimally takes to make our GC's compliant based on what the EPA demands. I for one will avoid it as much as posible unless it is proven not to hurt performance, mileage, consumables(DEF) etc.
I believe the spec on the current VM Motori 3.0L V6 Diesel is 240HP/420 torque.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts