Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my 2014 WK2 limited with the 5.7L Hemi, had it for about 2 weeks now... Is it normal for a hemi to smell inside the car?? Is it new motor stuff?? This never happened with my previous jeeps ( non hemis ) smells like some kind of hot lubricant like odor... I open the hood but there's no smoke. Smell is not constant
Any ideas?
Thank you

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, i will also add that i idle a lot when i take my wife somewhere, due to a knee injury i cant walk around for hours in a mall, so i just sit and watch a movie or two on my ipad lol. I dont do it that often but i do. Smell usually is present when vehicle is not in motion...
Ill wait a bit and see what happens, hopefully its just a bunch of stickers, because smell is not typical oily smell.
Thanks a million

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My 2013 Summit also has this smell. Have no idea what it is but my last V8 Overland did not do this. Saw a earlier thread where they were told it was a leak in the rear seal but they said the smell was like burnt oil. Really dont know what mine smells like but a strange burnt smell. Have 1400 miles at this time. Any feedback would be great. Thanks
I chose the easy route by going with the " dont worry it will go away".....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.