Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't touched any settings on my Nav. Just did the latest ios update on my iPhone XS, now every text I get pops up on my Nav screen. Extremely irritating, I get 20-30 texts an hour from clients and coworkers. How does this happen withoug having made any setting changes on the Nav, and how do I turn this off?

·
Super Moderator
8,340 Posts
It's in the bluetooth settings of your phone. Turn off the "Show Notifications" for the uConnect device.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's in the bluetooth settings of your phone. Turn off the "Show Notifications" for the uConnect device.
notifications were Off, but still getting texts. Gotta be an Apple thing,

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ended up going to the Apple store to visit the supposed genius bar. Always hate doing that because even with an appointment it's still an hour wait at this store. Supposedly the latest update reset quite a few things to the way Apple wants us to set the phone even if we've turned things off. Had to reset the phone and download the update again to be able to reset everything I wanted to.

I had Show Notifications turned off but they were still coming through
And the update turned off Cellular Data too. But turned on WiFi calling which I've never had turned on.

With the re-download of the ios all is ok now finally.

·
Super Moderator
8,340 Posts
Interesting. I update my devices almost immediately after new versions are released and I've not had any issues like that with my settings and preferences.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well ended up going to the Apple store to visit the supposed genius bar. Always hate doing that because even with an appointment it's still an hour wait at this store. Supposedly the latest update reset quite a few things to the way Apple wants us to set the phone even if we've turned things off. Had to reset the phone and download the update again to be able to reset everything I wanted to.

I had Show Notifications turned off but they were still coming through
And the update turned off Cellular Data too. But turned on WiFi calling which I've never had turned on.

With the re-download of the ios all is ok now finally.
I am having a problem with the voice recognition on my 2017 Jeep Trailhawk since the Apple update. I press the VR button on my steering wheel and I get the beep and the screen immediately reverts back to the main screen. It has been over a week and it is driving me crazy. I did the Uconnect update today, after calling Uconnect and being transferred to Chrysler Headquarters. However, the VR still does not work. Apple either removed the Seri Eyes Free or buried it deep in the latest update. Does anyone know a fix?

·
Super Moderator
8,340 Posts
Does anyone know a fix?
Historically, when something is funky after an iOS update, the solution is often to unpair the phone from the vehicle, restart both and re-pair the device. I'm not saying that's the solution here, but if could be... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts