Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Jeep Wk
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I'm back into the jeep life after a short time on the dark side (Toyota 4Runner) I sold my wrangler a few years back and I still wake up with nightmares of handing the keys over. Well finally I'm back in this world of hearing funny noises and having to make the call on whether to shell out the money for parts or let it ride. I missed this. I have recently acquired a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the QDII system and a hemi! I've already had to put a new rear end in the dang thing but other than that it's been fun. This summer I want to put a small lift and some bigger tires on it (Among other things) I was wondering if I might be able to get some opinions on how big I can go before I cross the line into breaking things. I've already seen the weak drivetrain at work against the hemi. What do y'all think? To get an idea, I have a tendency to push my vehicles till they break. I'm not rock crawling or anything but it's definitely no street queen. If I see a dirt trail or a creek that I can get to, 90% of the time I'm going up it. So with this in mind, how big would y'all go?

·
Premium Member
2005 WK
798 Posts
I think you'll find a lot of WK owners go with a 2" lift and 265-70/17 (31") all terrains on a set of 17" wheels. Most also ad 1.5" wheel spacers for a safe ever day daily driver. This is usually the least expensive route.
Others, more fit for on & off road, are a OME HD setup. Usually nets you @ solid 3". You can get 32s under that set up. There is also the 4" Suprelift that pretty popular.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts