Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am new to the forum.. and researching for my GF car she has a 2019 grand cherokee limited v-6 and telling me she lost little gas milage. she got it used and now has 60k on it
Question if those are the original spark plugs in there Im assuming
what are the recommended plugs ?
what's the life of those plugs ..dealer told me 60 - 75k & would she lose gas milage this soon.
also can someone direct me to maybe a video how to get to them on that model or one compariable. ? i have been looking at one particular video on youtube but it's a 3.2

I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi All,
I am new to the forum.. and researching for my GF car she has a 2019 grand cherokee limited v-6 and telling me she lost little gas milage. she got it used and now has 60k on it
Question if those are the original spark plugs in there Im assuming
what are the recommended plugs ?
what's the life of those plugs ..dealer told me 60 - 75k & would she lose gas milage this soon.
also can someone direct me to maybe a video how to get to them on that model or one compariable. ? i have been looking at one particular video on youtube but it's a 3.2

I appreciate the help.
The only experience I have with spark plugs is putting in a Hemi engine. But I used NGK iridium and they were great...got back mpgs, smoother idling and slightly better overall performance. Changed them at 70k miles. I'm not sure if the same can be said for the 3.6.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only experience I have with spark plugs is putting in a Hemi engine. But I used NGK iridium and they were great...got back mpgs, smoother idling and slightly better overall performance. Changed them at 70k miles. I'm not sure if the same can be said for the 3.6.
Yea I am trying to research when to do it...it's getting chili here and with no garage just a driveway not sure if I should wait till spring..I usually ask my wonderful neighbor who is very good at engine repairs to help which is very methodical but he's pre-occupied with a lady friend the video I been looking at is a 3.2 which shows a pretty good detail. I will have to take a look at her engine more closely to see if it's simular.
I appreciate your input...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The maintenance schedule in the owner's manual says to replace the spark plugs at 100,000 miles. There could be other things causing the low mpg. Has the air filter been changed recently?

You can d/l a pdf copy of the 2019 GC owner's manual here:

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH ..also the airfilter has not been changed according to her I do plan to get one it is on my radar....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.