Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Late to the forum game! I got my GC back in 2013 as a 2014 model year. I always loved how the Trailhawks looked but it was not offered in 2014. Did some minor tweeks to it but nothing drastic, just trying to get that trailhawk look. Plan on adding some accessory lighting and will post when I get it all done.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
The chrome running boards set it off. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
JGC
171 Posts
Did you paint or vinyl wrap your existing tow hooks or did you swap them out? Also, if you pull your your front bumper, be sure to swap out the grill inserts with the honeycomb inserts ... very cheap and improves the look significantly.

·
Registered
GC Trailhawk
1,162 Posts
Hello from Orange County, CA. Welcome to our (not so) little group.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you paint or vinyl wrap your existing tow hooks or did you swap them out? Also, if you pull your your front bumper, be sure to swap out the grill inserts with the honeycomb inserts ... very cheap and improves the look significantly.
I had the hooks plasti dipped. Originally I sprayed them myself but they started to wear away. Went to a local shop and they did a much better job then I did. That was back in 2015 and it still looks good today. I am also thinking of having all the chrome vinyl wrapped gloss black.
Its funny you mention the grill inserts. I was considering tackling the task of putting some led flood/spot lights behind the grill, which would require me to remove the front end. I was thinking of ordering new grill inserts and maybe even black out the chrome around them while I was in there. All these ideas always seem to snowball.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts